Program Director, Product Development & Commercialization
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Commercial
- Region: US
About This Role
Biogen’s Global Product Strategy & Commercialization team sits at the intersection of data sciences and commercial investment decision-making. We work collaboratively across the organization to determine the most effective business approach for getting our therapies to the patients who need them.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Product Development and Commercialization (PDC) for the Alzheimer’s franchise, you will serve as a hands-on leader for the PDC team with responsibility for advancing the implementation of significant elements of program strategy and cross-functional execution.
What You’ll Do
- Create, track, and update monthly PDC dashboards, action log and risk registry
- Drive program goal planning and execution including identification of key strategic issues and decisions
- Manage team agendas and meetings in collaboration with PDC Lead
- Support the PDC team in preparation for successful product launches outside of the U.S. and develop strategies for maximizing the Alzheimer’s portfolio for the short- and long-term
- Assist with the development of an integrated disease area strategic plan for assets through advancement of the Alzheimer’s franchise
- Lead Lifecycle Management processes including identification and prioritization of opportunities, and label optimization; aid in the development of business cases to support subsequent investment decisions by senior management
- Lead the Alzheimer’s communications teams to ensure effective execution of communication priorities and plan; update monthly and quarterly asset reports
- Drive scenario planning to inform current and upcoming actions and to communicate with internal stakeholders; responsible for issue identification, resolution, and escalation
- Ensure alignment and facilitate communication across the company with potential to lead additional cross-functional workstreams across multiple disease areas
- Work with the PDC Lead to create a high performing team, including measurement of PDC team health, after-action reviews, ensuring diversity of thought in problem-solving, driving meeting hygiene, optimizing team processes, and decision making
Who You Are
You are an innovative and forward-thinking leader who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Your intellectual curiosity and passion for winning help you thrive in a dynamic environment, and you are a trusted and collaborative team player. You can successfully integrate cross-functional considerations into initiatives and decisions, and you know how to leverage your analytical and problem-solving skills to deliver results.
- 10+ years of experience in drug development and commercialization with exceptional business acumen and executive, general management perspective
- Demonstrated analytical and leadership skills, including creative, problem-solving mindset
- Ability to rapidly identify key priorities, align strategic and tactical plans, and influence & motivate cross-functional teams
- Outstanding relationship building and communication skills, including ability to navigate throughout the organization and with individuals at all levels
- Experience establishing and managing highly effective external collaborations, including familiarity with contractual, financial, and compliance considerations.
- Strong project leadership (scoping project goals, stakeholder planning, etc.) and project management skills
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required, MBA Preferred
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.