Organizational Effectiveness Partner - PO&T + R&D
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Human Resources
- Region: US
About This Role
Reporting to the Vice President, Organization Effectiveness and Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, the Organization Effectiveness Partner is responsible for the organizational and leadership effectiveness of Pharmaceutical Operations and Technology (PO&T) and Research and Development (R+D) organizations. Partnering with senior management and related HR staff, this role provides OD consulting, leadership development and talent management solutions to increase the effectiveness of Biogen’s PO&T and R+D organizations, with an emphasis to address broad organizational and talent challenges.
Who You Are
Key Responsibilities include:
Bringing new trends and ideas to both the Organization Effectiveness and client LTs, scanning the environment both internally and externally to proactively bring solutions to the table.
Organization Development / Change Management (50%)
• Develop the roadmap for building functional excellence and business capability building within the client organization;
• Work directly with the PO&T and R+D HR leads and executive teams to improve effectiveness and efficiency around alignment, direction setting, decision making and communication in the function and region
• Drive transformation of Biogen's culture through change management processes and tools resulting in a better aligned culture to meet Biogen's current business challenges;
• Leverage analytics to understand solution success and inform future delivery; such as translating the insights from organization and employee surveys into actions that have a significant impact on the unit’s performance and culture
• Design holistic workforce strategy and plan to drive objectives and desired outcomes of the business short-term, mid-term, and long-term
• Build solutions that are both fit for purpose and scalable or able to be used by multiple functions (leveraging existing interventions, partnering with the Center to build broader solutions).
• Support the design of field-ready items, and assure strong after-action reviews aligned with continuous improvement objectives
• Partner with the HR Manager, or appropriate colleague, to ensure people processes are implemented consistently across the company, and are achieving their desired intent
• Facilitate and lead with the business key organizational redesign and restructuring efforts; ensure a whole systems approach is taken to enable and sustain the change effort
• Facilitate and lead with the R+D and PO+T business on key organizational redesign and restructuring efforts; ensuring a whole systems approach is taken to enable and sustain the change effort
Diversity and Inclusion, Leadership Development and Talent Management (20%)
• Partner with head of Workforce Diversity and Inclusion to integrate D+I into client talent and culture practices, and support the global expansion of the company’s D+I strategy.
• Contribute to the design, development and promotion of leadership development programs, processes, systems and tools and implement these on a local level. Programs, processes, systems and tools include:
• Drive end to end Talent management approach and philosophy (e.g. succession planning)
• Individual development plans for HiPo Talent
• Work closely with executives to identify and support high potential talent.
• Consult and collaborate with HR Business Partners, colleagues in OE, and key senior managers to ensure leadership capability is in place to allow functions/units to meet their critical business needs and attain their objectives
• Act a consultant and advisor with evolving and significant understanding of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to further learning and capability within client group, own function, and broader organization
• Work in partnership with DE&I, the HR community, and the ERNs to build a strong internal and external reputation as a great place to work for all and cultivate a strong external network of appropriate D&I connections
• Be accountable for building a concrete understanding of Biogen’s stance and efforts around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, as well as integrate DE&I strategies into the talent lifecycle (e.g. talent management, hiring, compensation)
• Actively participate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, such as Employee Resource Networks programming, to reinforce HR’s commitment to an inclusive, engaging environment
• Utilize the HR dashboard to understand key people metrics and analytics, and review data regularly to reinforce and inspire action, accountability and outcomes
OELT enterprise-wide program ownership (30%)
To assure enterprise program design is grounded in strong philosophy and also considers organizational and customer readiness. The OE partner will also own the enterprise coaching and mentoring programs and assuring that our career development employee resources (including portal) incorporates enterprise resources and philosophies (this work will be supported by a program manager).
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will possess 8 years of experience with a combination of strategy and organization design expertise, including, but not limited to experience working in a management consulting firm. This individual will be an agile, self-motivated, self-confident professional with high emotional intelligence who is comfortable operating with moderate direction, and who thrives in a fluid and dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and transformation.
Specific qualities and experience for the position include:
• Ability to build effective working relationships with a diverse “customer” base, including senior managers, HR Business Partners, consultants, etc.
• Consultant approach with a proven ability to turn recommendations into actions and actually pull through to a result
• Global experience is beneficial with a strong understanding of workforce diversity and inclusion practices
• Results-oriented approach with a commitment to quality and performance, and track record of driving impact and change within a complex, matrixed organization
• Prior business/ line management and/or business consulting experience helpful but not required
• Proven ability to balance the need for global consistency with local customization
• Business maturity and interpersonal “savvy” to work with both senior managers and line employees
• Ability to lead business strategy discussions impacting talent strategy
• Proven ability to achieve results by working with a global team
• Personal drive and tenacity, embracing difficult and/or complex tasks with enthusiasm and continued resolve
• Work effectively and deliver results in a high intensity, ambiguous environment
• Experience working on employer of choice and/or inclusion initiatives considered a plus
• A ‘One HR’ mindset, dedicated to continuous improvement and transparent feedback
An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree in Management or a related field is preferred.
Reporting to the Vice President, Organization Effectiveness and Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, the Organization Effectiveness Partner is responsible for the organizational and leadership effectiveness of Pharmaceutical Operations and Technology (PO&T) and Research and Development (R+D) organizations.