Sr Manager, Medical, Patient Services & Operations
- Region: APAC
※Applicant MUST have native or higher level Japanese skill (verbal / writing). JLPT (Japanese Proficient Japanese Test) N1 is minimum requirement.
About This Role :
The main objective of this role is to lead and manage a team of talented and motivated team members responsible for Patient / Healthcare Services and Operations:
What You’ll Do :
Patient / Healthcare Services:
This role will be responsible to create, refine and ensure smooth execution of Patient Service Strategies & Programs in Japan which are developed primarily in conjunction with global patient support teams and local teams, including medical team and cross-functional brand teams. The role requires a digital health mind-set and background. Main areas of focus of Patient / Healthcare Services team:
- Implement & maintain the patient & hcp support program infrastructure (SOPs, work instructions, governance, compliance & audit-ready programs) and
- Manage the current programs and develop new programs for our pipeline therapies in collaboration with relevant stakeholder.
She/ He is a strategic partner to the business, driving high-value Operations activities with a focus on excellence in execution (strategy, processes, compliance/ governance, communications).
The role will require an individual with strong English communication skills as well as a strategic growth mindset including continuous improvement/ process optimisation and excellent digital, digital channel and technology savvy skills.
The role reports into the Head of Medical Excellence & Operations, closely collaborating with the cross-functional brand teams and global to ensure we are compliant in our service offerings
Responsibility and duties :
1. Patient / Healthcare Services (60%)
- Develop strong internal & external alliances and networks, gaining key insights allowing the individual to lead, innovate, further strengthen and manage strategies for our current and pipeline Patient Services Programs including the specific services to be offered, the channel to offer those services through, creating a competitive advantage for Biogen, and improving the quality of care for patients.
- This role will be responsible to lead the team to achieve due diligence, research, finalizing and executing service offerings and ensuring that the services meet the needs of patients
- Vendor & Partner management including monthly reporting and dashboards, ensuring optimal delivery / service model are achieved; perform quarterly business reviews to share best practices and address any challenges and manage overall budget for patient services
- In collaboration with Patient Advocacy & Communications, managing the relationships with KMEs, the therapeutic area societies & health care consumer organisations to ensure we are collaborating and coordinating efforts in support of patients.
- In collaboration with the global team, implement, monitor & maintain as the owner, the patient services governance infrastructure in Biogen Japan, including: SOPs, work instructions, vendor guidelines, training & reporting. A critical component of the role is to maintain necessary Biogen and regulatory pharmacovigilance, JPMA and audit compliance regulations
2. Operations – Lead the Operations Team to ensure smooth operations of the following activities: (40%)
- Business Planning: Lead and guide the Integrated Customer Planning (ICP), Annual Operating Planning (AOP), Medical Operations Reviews, budget tracking and tracking/reporting to support a culture of performance and executional excellence.
- Medical Operations: Ensure Operations Team support on medical operations activities including External Engagements (Advisory Boards/Congresses); contracting, payments, new employee onboarding
- Process Optimization: Drive programs focused on continuous process improvement, insuring the effective use of systems/technologies.
- Medical Governance: Lead the regional implementation of governance structure(s)/procedures to support a culture of quality, compliance, and continuous improvement
Requirement Skills :
- Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, PhD
- 5-10 years pharma industry experience including people management experience
- Experience with implementation of digital solutions and vendor management is an advantage
- Understanding of the codes, regulations and environment related to PSP activities in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, scientific and non-scientific, throughout all levels and geographies of an organization
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of project management ensuring that organizational strategy is embedded in the planning and implementation.
- Strong customer service, value delivery and enablement perspective a must
- Strong innovation and continuous improvement mindset.