Senior IT Internal Auditor
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Finance & Accounting
- Region: US
About This Role
The scope of work for this role may include pre and post system implementation reviews, application control reviews, IT operational audits, assessments of cybersecurity controls, and audits of compliance with applicable regulations (e.g. SOX, GDPR).
What You’ll Do
• Support IT internal audits, maturity assessments, and advisory engagements.
• Key role in engagement planning and fieldwork testing.
• Communicate directly with management to validate audit observations.
• Follow-up with management on status of remediation plans.
• Ensure audit documentation adheres to professional and department quality standards.
• Coordinate with finance and compliance audit teams on integrated audits.
• Testing of ITGCs as part of SOX compliance program.
• Assist with development and execution of data analytics program.
• Support investigations of cybersecurity incidents.
• Other activities as assigned to support department goals and objectives.
• 2-3 years of experience in an internal audit department or IT risk advisory practice.
• Work experience should indicate progressively more responsibility.
• Foundational knowledge of audit methodology, risk assessment and internal control concepts.
• Foundational understanding of IT risk, processes, and controls.
• Foundational understanding of IT process and control frameworks (ITIL, COBIT, NIST, PMBOK).
• Familiarity with cybersecurity, privacy, and cloud computing concepts.
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient organizational and project management skills.
• Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently.
• Bachelors degree in business, information systems, or other relevant field.
• Professional certifications preferred – CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CIA.
• Life Sciences industry experience considered to be a plus.
• Familiarity with Oracle ERP a plus.
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.