Senior Manager, Pipeline Decision Analytics Team
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Research & Development
- Region: US
The R&D Decision Analytics Senior Manager position is responsible for the operational level oversight of R&D’s Portfolio Planning tool, a Planisware instance named ‘Clarity’. The role will drive PPM (Portfolio, Planning and Management) process adherence and improvements, as well as data quality efforts across the R&D portfolio ecosystem. This role will be called upon to engage senior-level stakeholders regularly, gaining their buy-in and articulating ‘what good looks like’ future state. This role needs to be proficient and confident presenting, and building consensus with senior level audiences, regularly. This role sits at the crossroads of finance, business operations and the Project Management Office (PMO), facilitating and driving consistency in PPM data entry, accuracy and outputs. This role requires a solid understanding of the R&D drug development process, Planisware software and change management. They will be a key voice and contributor on a lean team, working in an agile construct with consistent workstreams as well as frequent ad-hoc efforts.
In partnership with functions, Finance, and IT, this role will provide algorithm development to support R&D functions with their need to resource appropriately against the demands of the R&D drug portfolio. They will be accountable for ensuring the business process to collect, manage, and report on portfolio & resource data is predictable, effective, and high quality. They will work with other members of the Pipeline Decision Analytics team to ensure portfolio reporting and resource analytics meet the decision support needs of the most senior stakeholders in the R&D.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Drive data quality and algorithm development Lead the efforts to completion, inclusive of managing stakeholders, schedule, and change management.
- Partners with the R&D PMO, Governance, Business Operations, Finance, IT and R&D functions, to drive business process improvements that improve data accuracy, and increase both a holistic portfolio view of the data, and utility of the data to inform RDLT-level decision-making
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Life Sciences, Biology/Biotech. Master’s in a technical discipline or MBA is preferred.
- 5 years in a project management, portfolio management, or operations role, ideally in the Biopharma R&D space.
- Direct knowledge of and experience with Planisware project management and resource management functionality.
- Familiarity with Planisware as a vendor, particularly with regard to its support practices and policies.
- Proficient in algorithm development, and data visualization software (Power BI and Tableau)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.