Director, Global Medical Information (Neuromuscular Disease, Ophthalmology, Immunology)
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Medical Affairs
- Region: US
Under the direction of the Head of Global Medical Information (GMI), the Director, GMI is responsible for the global medical information plan, including the digital strategy, for the Neuromuscular Disease (NMD), Ophthalmology (Ophtha), and Immunology (Biosimilars) therapeutic areas. He/she collaborates with Medical Affairs Heads, Directors, and other stakeholders to develop the global medical information strategy and tactics to support assigned marketed and pipeline products in all geographies. The Director will manage a team of medical information managers and associate directors to provide best-in-class medical information support to internal and external audiences. The Director also serves as the EU and MART regional lead and represents GMI at regional cross-functional meetings. The Director promotes a positive and innovative work culture and drives engagement and performance on the team.
Global Medical Information Team Operations
- Develop and implement the Global Medical Information plan for NMD, Ophtha, and Immunology therapeutic areas, and share the plans with stakeholders.
- Develop and implement the GMI digital strategy for NMD, Ophtha, and Immunology therapeutic areas, and share the plans with stakeholders.
- Manage a regional support team for EU and MART regions; develop and implement the regional plan
- Manage the MI vendor for their assigned region
- Ensure that actionable Medical Information insights, trends, and recommendations are shared and discussed with internal stakeholders.
- Partner with country medical leads to establish MI processes and GMI support.
- Responsible for ensuring that the team delivers on service agreements and established quality standards.
- Represent Medical Information at country/regional/global medical and commercial meetings.
- Ensure appropriate resourcing to achieve GMI objectives for the assigned TA.
- Contribute to the development and management of the medical information budget.
- Lead or contribute to the development of Medical Information processes, SOPs, guidance, and policies.
- Serve on the GMI leadership team and help shape the direction of GMI.
- Develop and implement the people strategy for the assigned TA.
- Ensure that team members are trained and supported to perform at the highest level.
- Ensure that all team members have a development plan and have the opportunity for continuous development and growth aligned with their career goals.
Team Culture and Innovation
- Establish a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Support a culture of team appreciation and recognition.
- Demonstrate innovation in leveraging digital platforms to advance Medical Information support globally.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years’ practice experience plus pharmaceutical industry experience is required. 3+ years of management experience with a track record of building high-performing teams is required.
- MA/MS or equivalent in pharmacy, nursing, public health, epidemiology, or science disciplines plus related experience are also eligible. Advanced degree (e.g., PharmD, Ph.D., DNP) is preferred.
- Prior Medical Information experience is required. MSL or experience in other medical affairs functions is desired. Experience working with alliance partners is strongly desired.
- Global experience in the pharmaceutical industry is strongly desired.
- Advanced clinical and scientific training required. Direct scientific/clinical or industry experience in the therapeutic area is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to manage people directly and indirectly in a matrix environment
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, and comfort working in a highly dynamic environment with shifting priorities. Applies discretion and experience to handle unique/difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a matrix environment
- Understanding of and adherence to regulatory policies governing scientific interactions with HCPs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple activities at the same time
- Demonstrated ability to work with global and local cross-functional teams
- Prior industry experience in a post-marketing setting
- Proficiency in English required, second language capability is preferred
Biogen is hiring for an experienced Director for our Global Medical Information team to focus on the Neuromuscular Disease (NMD), Ophthalmology (Ophtha), and Immunology (Biosimilars) therapeutic areas. This role will be based out of the Biogen US Headquarters in Cambridge, MA.