Digital Health Communications Manager
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Medical Affairs
- Region: US
The Digital Health Communications Manager will work with Communications Excellence team members to manage the day-to-day activities associated with development and dissemination of digital Medical scientific content. The aim of this role is to maintain and refresh a global Medical Information website (and subsequent local iterations) and other web-based digital assets and communication tools such as Biogen’s symposia websites, virtual medical congress booths, and digital content associated with publications.
This includes overseeing content management strategies and other publishing systems and technologies, with focus on efficiencies; understanding third-party integrations and working with IT to understand and achieve customer and business goals; providing feedback on design; creating web copy; advocating for the needs of healthcare providers and other end users; and other day-to-day project management necessary to keep projects moving forward.
This role will also provide support, as needed, on the development of podcasts, videos, and interactives.
Work with a cross-functional team to maintain and refresh a Medical Information website
- Work with vendors to maintain a site taxonomy and develop web copy, design patterns, and effective site search
- Understand needed system integrations and advocate for business and customer needs
- Coordinate and document stakeholder meetings
- Work with project team to conduct user research and collaborate with engineering/dev and legal/regulatory teams
- Collaborate with leadership across functions to formulate and manage an integrated content strategy and communications plan
- Manage reporting structure; share metrics with key stakeholders; and work with the team to improve site design, performance, and adoption
- Assist in developing and implementing any needed staff training, including job aids to support and maintain the sites
Assist in the development of therapeutic area digital communications such as podcasts, video abstracts, interactives, and data visualizations
Work with Communications Excellence partners to manage web-based digital assets such as Biogen’s symposia websites, virtual medical booths, and Biogen’s publication microsites
Ensure the high quality of metadata and documents in Veeva InSCite and other platforms
- BA/BS Required. Degree in communications, user experience design, or similar field preferred
- 8+ years of experience with digital content development and publishing; Knowledge of user research and web design principles; Intermediate SEO knowledge and experience; Experience with content management systems; Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign); Knowledge of Power BI and metrics reporting processes; Excellent project management and organizational skills; Ability to operate under pressure, within tight deadlines, and in a dynamic environment; Highly collaborative; Exceptional organizational and communication skills; Skilled in proofreading and editing.
The ideal candidate for the Digital Health Communications Manager role has excellent communication skills; attention to detail; experience developing, maintaining, and updating digital content; an understanding of SEO and systems architecture; and a track record of closely collaborating with other designers, product managers, business stakeholders, engineers, and QA in collaborative, agile development environment.