Key Account Manager - Biosimilar Business Unit (Andalucía)
- Seville, Spain
- Department: Market Access
- Region: EU+/Canada
The BBU Key Account Manager (KAM) main responsibility is to focus 80% of his time in Key stakeholders and 20% in relevant Physicians, to maximize territory sales and profits of BBU products.
She/He will be responsible for the following provinces: Almería, Granada, Jaén, Cádiz, Córdoba, Sevilla and Ceuta & Melilla.
The KAM is accountable for the success of BBU products in the assigned territory in alignment with Biogen’s code of conduct and the strictest ethical, compliance and legal standards. Focused on:
- Developing and executing an effective business plan for maximizing territory sales and profits.
- Identifying, segmenting, profiling and defining key accounts. Key stakeholders: Payers, Pharmacists, Hospital managers, advisers, politicians. HCPs: Physicians and nurses.
- Build intimate knowledge of the accounts stakeholders’ priorities, processes, business needs, drivers and barriers for product utilization.
- Building up, strengthening and ensuring a long-term customer relationship with the accounts’ key stakeholders responsible for aTNF products via regular visits with key stakeholders and relevant healthcare professionals.
- Monitor relevant aTNFs procurement cycles and processes.
- Lead submission and negotiation process on access to Biogen’s aTNF products.
- Partner with and pull resources from the market access, marketing and medical teams to support territory activities and to provide the accounts with expert support as needed.
- Utilizing resources provided by BBU, implementing local marketing strategies and organizing programs and related efforts that will positively impact others’ understanding of and interest in the assigned products.
- The ongoing Service management of Biogen Key Accounts to ensure ongoing competitive position for BBU Spain.
- Achieving sales goals: works toward achievement of sales goals and sales responsibility in respective territory set by the organization; prioritizes activities that drive market share; applies marketing and business strategy/tactics to formulary negotiations in order to maximize sales outcomes within the territory.
- Builds and maintains important relationships with key decision makers for aTNFs. Consistently updates to Regional Director on any developments in assigned region that would positively or negatively impact Biogen Spain business.
- Business planning: develops and executes an annual territory business plan.
- Prioritizes regional goals, quantitative and qualitative approach to any negotiations (tenders and contracting) needed to ensure BBU Spain success in its sales objectives, analyzes data to identify viable opportunities and coordinates and utilizes available resources.
- Leveraging and coordinating resources: takes lead role in mobilizing Biogen resources in support of key account’s needs; supports Regional Director and colleagues in the analysis and classification of key accounts based on predefined criteria within the assigned territory and in the identification of potential key customers; collaborates with internal teams and cross-functional partners to advance programs and initiatives; organizes meetings and events for HCPs in collaboration with colleagues in the respective territory.
- Maintaining best in class knowledge: Demonstrates industry-leading understanding of manufacturing and key data on promoted products.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Collaborating proactively with both cross-functional partners and other colleagues in the assigned territory.
- Must proactively address emerging problems by working remotely to collaborate with internal partners and colleagues.
- Strong analytical and organizational ability.
- Self-confidence and self-driven, positive attitude. Ability to navigate in changing environment.
- Bachelor/Master degree, preferably in the sciences medicine, pharmacy, chemistry, biology.
- Fluent English and local territory language is a must.