Co-op: Imaging Associate
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Interns & Co-ops
- Region: US
This is for a 6-month position from July - December 2021.
One of the missions of Personalized Health, Research, Analytics & Solutions (PHRAS) at Biogen is to deliver impactful results from cutting-edge exploratory and reverse translational research using our existing large, real-world data sets. Within PHRAS, the Imaging, Biomarkers, and Reverse Translational Research Team develops measures that matter, derived from brain imaging data or biologic samples, or in combination. This co-op position is an opportunity to work with the PHRAS Imaging team to investigate advanced brain MRI imaging metrics and to assess their potential applicability to neurologic diseases.
The team is seeking a co-op student to investigate the biological relevance, clinical utility and/or real-world applicability of advanced brain imaging biomarkers. This is a full-time co-op role from July – December 2021 based in Cambridge, MA. The co-op student will learn how to work within an interdisciplinary team from the planning stage through project completion. Specific learning objectives are to formulate a specific question, develop a plan, execute on the plan, analyze the resulting data, and present their findings to the broader group
To participate in the Biogen Intern or Co-op Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
Preferably, the co-op candidate would be a graduate student with
- Strong technical and computer skills, and experience in programming
- Interest in brain imaging, radiology or neurology
- Experience in image processing, data analytics, machine learning, or biostatistics
- Some background courses in neuroscience, neurology, or medical research
Currently enrolled in a graduate program in biomedical engineering, computer science, or neuroscience. Undergraduate degree in engineering preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.