R&D Project Manager
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Research & Development
- Region: US
The R&D Project manager is responsible for partnering with R&D Project Leaders (RDPLs) to lead R&D Project Teams (RDPTs) through the effective, cross-functional planning and execution of drug development programs and strategic R&D initiatives.
Ensures high quality project planning and execution by facilitating the identification and tracking of R&D project team goals, and developing and maintaining the integrated project schedule within the Project Portfolio Management system (Planisware i.e. Clarity system). Identifies, tracks, communicates, and manages critical path activities, and holds team members accountable for functional delivery of plans. Liaises with the RDPT finance partner for budget planning and tracking and collaborates with the Strategic Planning and Operations (SPO) team to assess team resources & forecasting, identify resourcing gaps, and mitigate issues as necessary.
Supports effective decision making through identification and management of risks and issues, and the creation of project-level timeline scenarios to enable the assessment of project acceleration and other trade-offs. Drives the preparation of the RDPT for R&D governance meeting interactions and is the go-to SME for navigating governance and resourcing processes.
Proactively and effectively manages project team collaboration, communication planning, and reporting within the team and across key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure timeline completion of deliverables. This includes high quality RDPT meeting management (agenda management, meeting material preparation and organization, scheduling, meeting minutes, and effective action/decision/issue management).
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an R&D scientific and/or R&D project management role
· Proficient understanding of preclinical (early research through IND) R&D drug development processes in one or more drug modalities and biopharmaceutical industry
· Outstanding ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; ability to communicate to a broad range of stakeholders
· Ability to work independently, navigate ambiguity, adapt to change and make rapid, disciplined decisions to enable agile execution
· Commitment to a customer-first culture and motivation to solving complex problems and leading teams to success
· Proven ability to network and collaborate across multiple teams with flexible, positive attitude and ability to get results
· Proficiency with integrated timeline/gantt chart development and technical experience with project management systems & collaboration tools is a plus (e.g. Planisware, Microsoft Project, OnePager Pro/Express, MS Teams, O365 Sharepoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree required – scientific focused degree is a plus
- PMP certification or demonstrated Project Management experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.