- Mexico City, Mexico
- Department: Medical Affairs
- Region: LATAM
The main purpose of this role is to refine and execute Patient Service Strategies across therapeutic areas developed primarily in conjunction with the medical team as well as the cross-functional brand teams.
The role will drive the agreed upon strategy related to our services to patients through our Patient Support partners or through interactions with HCPs.
Specifically, it will closely collaborate with medical and the brand teams and define what services we offer to patients for which brand, how to deliver those services, and then monitor and track the performance of those services.
The role includes management of the Patient Services Vendor and their multiprofessional consultant teams that support and foster optimal treatment outcomes for patients who have been prescribed Biogen products across all therapeutic areas.
Critical to the role is the co-ordination of cross-functional brand teams to ensure the service offering is compliant with all policies, procedures and regulatory expectations.
Main Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Patient Support Program Strategy and Implementation
· Develop strong internal alliances and networks, to gain key insights and foster continuous innovation.
· Coordinates and ensures alignment of affiliate medical plans with BIR & Global PSP Strategy & priorities
· Strengthen and manage strategic plans for Biogen Patient Services offerings including specific services to be offered, channels of service delivery, maintenance of an industry leading program, and improving the patient outcomes.
· The Patient Services Lead will be fully integrated into the Biogen medical organization reporting into the country medical director.
· Liaise with the brand teams leads to ensure the Patient Services strategy fully supports the product and franchise requirements to enhance the patient experience of Biogen products and support the best possible outcomes for patients.
· Liaise with Patient Advocacy and Corporate Affairs to ensure synergy and focus on building BIIB reputation.Develop and implement PSP communication strategy, internally and externally.
· Be responsible for patients and family interactions in crisis situation (BIIB authorized spokesperson)
· Liaise with KMEs and HCPs to ensure PSP and HPC services ‘successful engagement
· Develop patient support strategy and act as standing member of each product brand team to ensure alignment between Patient Services and specific support needs for each brand.
· Ensure there is no conflicting or competing activities between Biogen Patient Services and External service offerings.
· Collaborate with the key Biogen partners in Sales and Marketing, Market Access, PV, Quality, and Regulatory Affairs to maintain Biogen’s good standing and reputation in the safe and effective provision of medicines to patients.
2. Governance and Compliance
- Oversee and implement governance procedures and reporting for all patient programs to remain compliant with PV and regulatory obligations.
- Collaborate with global Patient Services community to maintain the affiliate as a reference center for the design and implementation of patient programs.
- Audit readiness: this individual shall be responsible for tracking and documenting PSP projects and present to/answer audit questions
3. Budget planning and execution
- Develop and manage budgets for PSP activities and provide input into the LATAM/BIR Region and affiliate budgeting and planning process
- Assure actuals versus planned are followed at appropriate intervals. Plan accordingly to correct forecasts if needed
- Oversee vendor invoicing and progress of open purchase orders in accordance with contract agreements and agreed project timelines.
4. Metrics and Reporting
- Oversee PSP service provider(s) for Patient Services and ensure ‘best-in-class’ execution of our patient support programs for Biogen products.
- Oversee and coordinate monthly vendor reporting and appropriate dissemination of patient services metrics to the Biogen business.
- Coordinate regular business reviews between Biogen stakeholders and vendor representatives to monitor and evaluate performance.
Define and oversee PSP metrics (Veeva) for ABMs and MSLs
5. People Management
- Responsible for the provision of leadership and guidance to the PSP local team and interns
- Lead and empower PSP local team and interns: create a dynamic for innovation and successful implementation of the medical activities in alignment with the strategy.
- Provide ongoing assessment of the team´s competencies and skills, effectiveness and progress toward goal objectives
- Ensure that the PSP local team is aligned to global operations model
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science (nurse, PT, dietitian, physician, etc) or Administration/Marketing /Communication
· MBA or other advanced degree preferred,
· Project Management experience a plus
· Advanced level in English
· Proven communication skills and cross functional coordination
· > 7 years of experience within the Biotech/Pharma industry focused on patient support program or > 10 years of clinical experience (hospital/ infusion clinic).
· Understanding of the codes, regulations and environment related to PSP activities in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
· Work in partnership with compliance, regulatory, legal and commercial.
· Ability to quickly evaluate situations and develop an effective and efficient response to urgent matters.
· Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of project management ensuring that organizational strategy is embedded in the planning and implementation.
· Strong customer service, value delivery and enablement perspective a must
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop and present clear presentations to a broad spectrum of staff and management
· Ability to collaborate effectively and regularly with colleagues at varying levels of the organization
High level problem solving skills and the ability to problem solve complex business issues