Associate Director Clinical Vendor Management - GCO
- Maidenhead, United Kingdom
- Department: Research & Development
- Region: EU+/Canada
This role is a core member of the GCO Vendor Management team and is responsible to support oversight, governance and management of the end to end Vendor process for all GCO Vendors. The Vendor Management team is accountable for driving process improvements and governance efficiencies for key GCO Vendors.
The role understands and monitors internal and external requirements and standards and ensures appropriate implementation and usage of templates and processes within GCO. The role will be a key contributor to progressing and maintaining Biogen’s operating model for vendor contracts by optimally leveraging the roles and departments (Procurement’s Strategic Sourcing and Clinical Services, Clinical Financial Planning, R&D Vendor Management, GCO Team (COPL;COSL;CCM;POC;QOC;EOC) to maximize efficiencies and oversight in the contracting process within GCO.
The role helps to develop and execute strategy for department processes, initiatives and vendor governance activities, including inspection readiness, vendor relationship management and liaising with internal/external stakeholders on cross-functional initiatives. For clinical program needs, the role liaises across Procurement and GCO roles to provide oversight, inspection readiness, best practices, and leadership to ensure a best in class approach with regard to vendor outsourcing for all GCO supported clinical trials from Phase 0 – IV. A key component of the role will be to work with the Procurement team on developing and establishing more streamlined ongoing vendor management. The role will requires CRO/Vendor Global relationship management, performance oversight and governance expertise. The role may include personnel management responsibilities (contractor or employee based) as needs evolve in the operating model.
- 8+ years in Pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience
- Experience in Project Management, Business operations and oversight of vendors
- Experience collaborating across functions, including demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to successfully implement change management and lead others through change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, conflict resolution and team building skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities