MBA Co-op: Global Customer & Market Insights
- Cambridge, MA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Interns & Co-ops
- Region: US
This is for a 7-month position from June - December 2021.
Global Customer & Market Insights is at the intersection of the customer experience and commercial decision-making. We collaborate with colleagues across the Global Product Strategy and Commercialization organization to optimize business choices and product strategy. We manage Biogen’s global brands, supporting our existing portfolio of therapies as well as products in late-stage clinical development.
The MBA Intern, Customer & Market Insights will be assigned to one of three Biogen therapy areas: Multiple Sclerosis, Neuromuscular Disease (SMA) or Alzheimer’s Disease.
The MBA Intern for Customer & Market Insights will assist with the management of global market research (qualitative and quantitative) and insights programs in support of one of Biogen’s commercial or development projects. The internship will include exposure to many aspects of market insights generation including:
- Collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders on research design and objective setting
- External vendor selection and management
- Project management
- Data analysis and insights generation
- Creation of customized reports
- Communication of results
In addition, the MBA Intern:
- Will get exposure to marketing processes in a global pharmaceutical context
- May help drive performance reporting and narrative development for Biogen products in market
After the successful completion of the internship, you will gain new skills in supporting key commercial decisions, in-house consulting, and a better understanding of how the commercial business operates in biotech.
To participate in the Biogen Co-op Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
In addition, we are looking specifically for candidates who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience (e.g., consulting, advanced analytics, marketing, market research, sales)
- Strong problem solving, organizational, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to driver results in a highly matrixed organization without direct authority
- Ability to establish trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders from different functions and seniority levels; highly collaborative
- Ability to effectively prioritize work; strong project management skills
- Highly independent/autonomous and self-motivated – demonstrated ability to thrive in less well-defined work environments and demonstrates attitude of ownership
- Flexibility – ability to adapt to changing priorities and evolving needs
- Strong leadership, communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, including ability to synthesize information for senior management; communicates in clear, timely and open manner; raises issues in a constructive manner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a remote environment
- B.A./B.Sc. required; in related field preferred
- Enrolled in accredited MBA program
- Concentration in Marketing, General Management, and/or Healthcare Management is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.