Associate Scientist III/SR Associate Scientist- MS & Neuroinflammation
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Research & Development
- Region: US
The Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Neurorepair Research Unit at Biogen seeks a highly motivated Associate Scientist whose primary responsibility will be to advance target validation and drug discovery in the field of Neuroimmunology. The individual is expected to have mastered a broad range of experimental techniques, preferably having an established expertise in the field of neuroimmunology and/or immunology. The individual will be expected to perform in a dynamic environment requiring significant independence in designing and executing controlled experiments. The individual will be required to analyze/interpret results, to proactively troubleshoot protocols when required and to recommend modifications as needed. The individual is expected to read pertinent literature and to exhibit knowledge of molecular and biological processes, applying their knowledge to propose new ideas and regularly make suggestions for creative solutions to technical challenges. The individual should possess strong written and verbal communication skills and will be expected to prepare oral presentations/posters, draft research reports and contribute to peer-reviewed manuscripts.
• Driving target validation and drug discovery efforts for MS and related neuroinflammatory conditions.
• Using a wide array of techniques relevant to neuroimmunology, immunology and glial cells.
• Leveraging animal models of MS and neuroinflammation to establish proof-of-biology.
• Designing and executing experimental plans, performing rigorous analysis and interpretation of experiments.
• Collaborating with relevant individuals and groups to advance projects; demonstrating good lab citizenship.
• Broad and robust experience with in vitro and in vivo techniques in neuroimmunology and/or immunology is required.
• Strong experience with cellular biology techniques such as primary cell isolation, culture and characterization by flow cytometry is required.
• Molecular biology techniques such as RNA isolation, qPCR, protein analysis are preferred.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills are required.
• Proven track record of working efficiently and proactively is required.
Education and Experience:
Associate Scientist III level- BA degree with minimum of 4 years of experience or Master's with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
Senior Associate Scientist level-BA degree with a minimum of 6 years or Master's plus 4 years.
Candidate will be hired at a level commensurate with experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.