Sr Manager, Commercial Data Functional Lead
- Weston, MA
- Department: Information Technology
- Region: US
The Data Strategy Functional Lead will be dedicated to the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Therapeutic Area (TA) and will report to the Director of Data Strategy & Governance (DSG). This role is accountable to the customers and stakeholders within the TA to accurately and consistently deliver DSG services. Strategic direction-setting, project management, customer service, and technical literacy are priorities.
This individual is accountable for the delivery and support of DSG services to customers and stakeholders within the TA – including but not limited to Sales, Marketing, Market Access & Reimbursement, Field Operations, Multi-Channel, and Insights and Analytics teams. The Functional Lead provides a single point of contact for data sourcing, governance, strategy, and access needs.
The Functional Lead will have strong communication skills—verbal and written—in a wide variety settings. This individual will work proactively with customers to identify areas of opportunity and will be highly responsive to inbound questions and requests.
The core components of the role are:
- Lead project and program management of multiple simultaneous initiatives of varying size
- Provide customer service and engagement including verbal and written communication with emphasis on accountability, empathy, and attention to customer needs
- Provide consistent and iterative training and education to customers to ensure they understand what data and services they have, how it adds value to their operations, and how it can evolve to keep up with dynamic business opportunities and trends
- Implement strategic objectives and initiatives to improve internal operations and execution
- Possess strong technical literacy with the ability to connect business needs to technical capability
- Liaise extensively within the organization to create alignment on objectives, processes, and outcomes
- Manage and hold accountable an array of vendors and suppliers both within DSG and those brought on by other teams and matrixed into projects and operations
- Define data strategy, including short and long-term roadmaps.
- Partner with Data Governance and Reporting leads to identify and implement best practices, customized appropriately for the TA.
To deliver on these goals the individual must have a strong ability to collaborate with an extensive and diverse group of people and teams to shape and drive outcomes while prioritizing work in a disciplined manner. Communication is expected to be clear, open, candid, and focused.
In addition to managing across levels within the US Organization, this role will be have additional emphasis on liaising within DSG and IT. It will be helpful if this individual has experience in Agile development environments and Scrum or Kanban management techniques.
Success in this position will be defined by empowering and delighting the leaders of the commercial functions within the TA. Thoughtfully assisting customers as they navigate data challenges while consistently delivering capabilities with high-touch support will be the primary drivers of accomplishing these goals.
- 8+ years equivalent work experience in managing data-related activities within a commercial organization. This should include both project and personnel management (direct or indirect).
- Strong analytical and problem solving with a customer-focused ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment, engaging across the organization, including (but not limited to) commercial teams, medical affairs, data science and IT.
- Strong technical fluency: should understand fundamental data/solutions architectures and terminology with the ability to contribute to conceptual models and designs.
- Experience with data governance programs and right-sizing governance to fit the function
- Experience with Pharmaceutical data assets & vendors; knowledge of commercial analytics (Sales, Marketing, Managed Markets) in small specialty markets is a plus
- Pharmaceutical commercial data expertise (IQVIA NPA/APLD/Xponent/DDD/LAAD/Payer/HCOS, Specialty Pharmacy, Symphony, HMS, etc)
- Proven ability to translate complex data-related customer needs into value-delivering solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally and direct multi-functional projects within matrixed reporting structures
- Celebrate victories and encourage iterative improvement within the TA
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.