Production Operation Specialist II, External Manufacturing
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Manufacturing
- Region: US
The Production Operations Specialist maintains day-to-day Oracle production activities and works closely with the CMO Virtual Plant Teams to maintain systems and production timelines.
- Execute external production-related transactions in Oracle in a timely and accurate manner
- Generate purchase orders and perform invoice reconciliation
- Ensure production readiness (e.g. authorizations-to-manufacture)
- Create and update production batches in alignment with production planning (updated due dates, planned dates, and actual dates for production and release steps)
- Align proactively with CMO Virtual Plant Teams regarding ongoing production, priority batches and production challenges
- Leads or supports continuous improvement projects, metrics reporting, process documentation and training.
- Minimally BA/BS in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Quality, Engineering or similar education with 1-2 years of experience required
- Technical user level skills with IT systems
- ERP systems such as Oracle or SAP
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong team player with ability to work in cross functional teams
- Good English skills in speaking and writing
- Experience within an international and controlled environment preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
The Production Operations Specialist is part of the Production Operations Team within the External Manufacturing organization and is responsible for operational production management related to Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs).