Co-op: Commercial Finance
- Weston, MA
- Department: Interns & Co-ops
- Region: US
This is for a 6-month full-time co-op from January to June 2021.
The US Commercial Finance team is a finance organization consisting of various activities including business planning, accounting, operations, and forecasting of our US product sales and sales & marketing spend across three franchises: Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, and Alzheimer’s Disease. By partnering with commercial functions across the US Organization, the US Commercial Finance team works to enable the growth of our business while orchestrating consistent messaging and compliance across the Sales & Marketing and the Finance organization.
The team supports Biogen’s six marketed products in the US which produce $7B of sales for the company, in addition to supporting the business to ensure readiness for a potential upcoming launch for Aducanumab (Alzheimer’s).
This Winter Co-op, US Commercial Finance role will be responsible for a mix of strategic, operational, and financial work, along with the opportunity to collaborate with a wide array of stakeholders. This role has the ability to be a part of a US Commercial Finance organization as it prepares for/launches a potential significant product, assist in the compilation of a five-year forecast for all current drug products, work to compile earnings documents for investor relations, and assist in the normal forecasting/business planning ongoing process.
This Co-op role will report to the Sr. Director, US Commercial Accounting & Planning but will have an opportunity to work with all parts of the US Commercial Finance organization.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Support monthly forecasting processes for both revenues and operating expenses.
- Provide analysis on changes in forecasts and/or forecast-to-actuals with volume, sales, and expenses.
- Support annual long-range plan (five-year plan) creation/analysis and help compile presentations.
- Provide support for questions and issues related to Aducanumab launch activities.
- Provide analysis and hands-on support for ad hoc projects/business cases the department is asked to prepare.
- Report and analyze cross-functional metrics and trends.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (Finance/Accounting, Business, Supply Chain or Analytics preferred).
- Proven experience with detailed data analysis, and an ability to quickly assess and draw conclusions from complex data sets.
- Experience utilizing ERP systems such as Oracle/Hyperion a plus.
- Proficient with other MS Office products including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
To participate in the Biogen Co-op Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.