Corporate Counsel, Gulf Cluster Affiliate
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Department: Legal & Compliance
- Region: EU+/Canada
The Corporate Counsel, Gulf Cluster Affiliate (GC) is a strategic role providing broad legal oversight, guidance, and counseling to the management team of the designated Biogen legal entity for the Gulf Cluster countries, located in Dubai, UAE. This position shall support the mission of driving a robust corporate culture that embraces integrity in our operations, consistent with the core values and principles of Biogen Code of Conduct. This is a leadership role with high exposure on an affiliate level as well as on global level. It is also an operational role as a legal advisor and business partner to the affiliate team, requiring a hands-on approach and “business partner” mentality.
The Corporate Counsel, GC will report to the regional Legal lead for Biogen’s MART (Middle East, Africa, Russia, Turkey) region. The Corporate Counsel, GC will be the sole attorney based out of the Biogen GCC affiliate and, therefore, will need to be able to work independently and adapt quickly to changing conditions in a fast-paced business and regulatory environment. This role will be the legal advisor and business partner to all core local business franchises (MS, SMA, new products) and functions.
1. Serve as legal counsel and advise local business franchises (existing core franchises and new products) and functions (such as Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, Value & Access, Medical, Compliance, etc.) in the geographic area of responsibility (and other jurisdictions as required from time to time). Advise the business on developments in pharmaceutical law and regulation and advise on corporate policy and governance. Prepare, negotiate, and review agreements (e.g. clinical trial, distribution agreements, vendor and supplier agreements, services agreements, HCP/HCO agreements, etc.) and act as interface with Contract Management team. Review and assess new business initiatives and projects and provide risk-mitigating strategies to enable and facilitate such business activities. Support in managing litigation (including product liability related litigation).
2. Advise and closely collaborate with the Compliance/S&G functions and Data Privacy Office (DPO) on compliance and risk pertaining to the commercialization of specialty pharmaceutical products, as well as medical affairs, healthcare services and digital activities. Support preparation and submission of topics to regular governance and other relevant corporate compliance meetings.
3. Prepare for new product launches and support regulatory, pricing, reimbursement and managed access initiatives.
4. Materials review participation. Active engagement in promotional and non-promotional materials.
5. Coordinate with Corporate Counsel, functions and business franchises.
· 7+ years of experience as a qualified attorney.
· Relevant experience in the life sciences.
· Solid knowledge of contract law.
· Experience in data privacy.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
· Accuracy and attention to details, problem-solving attitude.
· Accountability and commitment.
· Able to interact and create internal and external networking.
· Able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
· Team player, self-starting attitude.
· Flexibility towards a fast changing environment.
· Business oriented.
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Proficiency in Arabic or other languages spoke in Gulf region a strong plus.