National Sales lead for Multiple Sclerosis
- Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Department: Commercial
- Region: APAC
The MS NSL is key point of contact for all customers / centers within China and is accountable for the success in the assigned accounts. This will be achieved by coordinating all functions and aligning all operations with a thorough understanding of the business and customer’s requirements. The MS NSL is responsible for working collaboratively with marketing, logistics support, central / field market access and medical colleagues to create value for patients and other relevant stakeholders within the disease area to ensure long-term growth in alignment with Biogen´s code of conduct and the strictest ethical, compliance and legal standards.
Focal to the success of the MS National Sales Lead remit will be:
- Identifying the patient/doctor landscape, learning about rare diseases and specifically MS treatment decisions. Understanding the regulatory and compliance requirements and ensuring the right guardrails are in place.
- “Co-creation” - Building up the critical network required to improve the lives of MS patients and their families
- Understand individual local dynamics by creating a KME map, mapping patient flow and building strategies to eliminate / minimize leakage
- Remove barriers to treatment to ensure best outcomes for patients and families. Understand the role of MRI and biomarkers in the diagnostic phase of patient identification
- Collaboratively with the cross functional team understand the educational needs of physicians, budget holders, nurses etc., to create awareness for MS
- Develops and executes an effective business plan for maximizing all territory sales ensuring that stakeholder needs are being met.
- Deliver compelling arguments to persuade and motivate others to adopt a course of action that supports the best outcome for the patient
- Product Flow/Logistics - Ensure access and availability at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer
- Drive awareness of Standards of Care and Biogen commitment in rare disease
- Ensure whole sales team build individual strategic account plans on how to approach customers, achieve sales goals and maintain relationships in order to maximize sales results
- Strategically network within the cross-functional team to segment and prioritize MS centers of excellence (e.g. developing work processes &communication streams) to ensure patients have access and troubleshoot any challenges.
- Provide information to management to help with identifying, segmenting, profiling and defining national key accounts – e.g. Hospitals, purchase groups, guideline providers etc.
- Ensure execution and customer management excellence by building an intimate knowledge of the accounts stakeholders’ priorities and decision-making processes (patient identification/selection, choice of therapeutic options, budget allocation, and care coordination, business needs, drivers and barriers).
- Building up, strengthening and ensuring a long-term customer relationship with the accounts’ key stakeholders responsible for MS care delivery and funding of treatment, ensuring favorable environment via regular dialog with key stakeholders.
- Partner with and pull resources from the market access, marketing and medical teams to support territory activities and to provide the accounts with expert support as needed
- Perseverance and an entrepreneurial drive to pursue ideas and projects that ensure sustainable, long term success
- Fiscal responsibility to manage budgets
- 8+ years of sales experience in the hospital/academic medical center/biotech industry, with minimum 3 years sales team management experience.
- High degree of learning agility to learn/understand administration and neuromuscular diseases.
- Must have experience working in a sales team that was a part of a multifunctional team to address patient/caregiver needs
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and handle risk and uncertainty
- Must be comfortable spending 50-60% of their time traveling
- Strong analytical ability and organizational ability
- Self-confidence, self-driven, with positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills, competent partner at all levels
- Drive and desire for success, result-orientated
- Local territory language knowledge is a must, proficiency in English is preferred.
- Fully understands the rules and codes of the local country
The MS National Sales Lead (NSL) main responsibility is build up a successful team to drive the care for MS patients by improving patient identification and market development, create territory, account and customer strategies to achieve national sales, market share and profit targets for China, – candidate to be based in Shanghai or Beijing.