Associate Director Global Value and Access
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Business Development
- Region: US
The Associate Director of Value and Access (V&A) – Business Development will evaluate both acquisition and in-licensing opportunities across a variety of diseases/therapeutic areas from a price and access perspective. He/she will work with and be part of the business development diligence team and will partner cross-functionally with Business Development/ Corporate Development, External Commercialization, Clinical, legal, and Finance. This particular position sits within Global Value & Access – Business Development Therapeutic Area (TAs).
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct abbreviated payer and analog research, integrating clinical information to determine achievable price, including gross to net, and access for specific (or, across) indication(s) within context of product’s value, clinical data, as well as, identify the trade-off between price and access
- Conduct secondary research to determine price levels of existing therapies and payer management, and identify burden of disease and to leverage previous BD, pipeline, and existing assets assessments to inform price and access estimates
- Recommend pricing, access, and gross to net assumptions for the forecast and financial model quantifying the business opportunity as part of the commercial evaluation
- Represent the Global Value & Access team at various BD decision making bodies supporting the price and market access estimates input into the broader commercial evaluation
- Support executive commercial management, when required, by briefing them on the price and access recommendation and supporting rationale, price differentials across geographies, and anticipated push back on price opportunity.
- Provide talking points to commercial senior executive in preparation for Board of Directors or other executive management meetings to support price and access assumption recommendations
Required Experience/Skills: Master’s degree in a related Business discipline including Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Public Health, plus three (3) years of relevant Pricing and Reimbursement industry experience. Experience must include 3 years of each of the following:
- Demonstrated understanding of payer environment, both US and globally, including coverage and reimbursement, value drivers, formulary management, health technologies assessment, and health policy
- Experience in developing Global payer policy and strategies.
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical product development or commercialization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep therapeutic expertise
- Experience supporting Business and Development assessments
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure within short timeframes
- Will accept a Bachelor’s degree plus four (4) years of described experience
The Associate Director, Global Value and Market Access will be part of the Business Development team and will be responsible for evaluating acquisition and in-licensing opportunities across a variety of therapeutic areas from a price and access perspective. This position will be based in Cambridge, MA.