Medical Science Liaison Manager (m/w/d)
- Munich, Germany
- Department: Medical Affairs
- Region: EU+/Canada
We are looking for a Medical Science Liaison Manager as of 01.08.2020 for the region Berlin, Leipzig, Dresden, Chemnitz, Erlangen. This assignment will be a temporary, limited to 12 months via labour leasing.
Acts as a trusted and credible medical science discussion partner by engaging in scientific/ medical exchange with HCPs/ stakeholders as appropriate (as per the Biogen Medical Affairs whitepaper) Depending upon local requirements and regulations, this may include:
- Proactive or reactive focused communication / education within the product label (using non-promotional materials)
- Proactive, broad discussion around relevant Disease Areas
- Reactive, broader communication which may cover both approved and non-approved products and wider Disease Area literature (medical / scientific exchange)
- Legitimate exchange of medical and scientific information during the development of a medicine for the purpose of information gathering from groups such as medical experts/thought leaders (e.g., presentations at symposia)
- Operates in a confident and compliant manner within a highly regulated environment; independently creates and delivers a quarterly strategic territory plan to provide appropriate field medical affairs support in line with local medical plan.
- Stays up to date with therapy advances, current research, medical scientific knowledge and detailed knowledge on Biogen products & relevant Disease Areas
- MSLs should, if appropriate, be responsible for managing and maintaining relationships with key strategic and international TLs. This may involve interactions outside of their territory or home country. The MSL may represent BIIB on a specific technical or scientific area as the 'go-to' person;
- Maintains knowledge and network base outside of local geography; have a high awareness of global medical strategy and can apply to local strategies; plays a central role in medical contribution to brand planning and in contributing to local medical strategies; collates and integrates pertinent medical insights to develop local, regional or global MSL-led initiatives.
- Is responsible for demonstrating the exceptional technical/ scientific skills by key responsibilities and acting as a scientific resource at conferences and complex scientific advisory boards. Responsible for leading and contributing to MSL related projects in line with their technical/ scientific expertise. Is responsible for guiding and leading other MSLs on a day-to-day technical/ data level, strategic input to team manager and medical organization; embodies all elements of MSL excellence behaviors.
- Scientific experience in the therapeutic area
- An understanding of drug development through clinical research
- Understanding of health economics
- Technical knowledge in Rheumatology/ Dermatology and/or Gastroenterology
- Proven expertise in working with and within local regulations and code of practice
- Experience of working with IITS
- BSc; Advanced terminal degree preferred (MD, PhD, PharmD, DNP in medical specialty) or equivalent combination of experience and education"
- Min 2-3+ years’ experience as MSL or relevant role in Medical Affairs
The MSL provides field-based medical/scientific expertise ensuring understanding of the disease area and Biogen products as appropriate. They are integral to building valued constructive partnerships with key stakeholders in the medical community and the healthcare system. MSLs contributes to company success through both internal and external medical education and medical/scientific information exchange and support. MSLs utilize their medical/scientific expertise to gather medical insights and to support research/data generation initiatives.
Consistently demonstrates exceptional technical/ scientific depth on Biogen products and disease areas as evidenced by internal responsibilities and external reputation and networks. Contributes to part of brand planning process and development of MSL led activities due to their extensive knowledge of the TA and competitor environment; The MSL acts as a role model for MSL Excellence behaviors and is responsible for providing medical/scientific mentoring and core MSL skills coaching to other MSLs, demonstrates project leadership skills, and helps other MSLs to achieve their professional goals.
Recognition, documentation and reporting of adverse events and technical product complaints to Drug Safety Germany or the responsible service center according to local SOPs.