Senior Network Engineer
- Research Triangle Park, NC
- Department: Information Technology
- Region: US
• Lead in the design and development of Biogen’s next generation Network infrastructure.
• Recommend, implement, and deliver technology solutions based on analysis and business requirements.
• Develop processes and methodologies for test, deployment and maintenance to ensure scalability, consistency and maintainability in an effort to decrease delivery time and increase availability.
• Develop logging, metrics and reporting programs to ensure the health of the environment.
• Create and maintain network documentation for network configuration and topology.
• Create and maintain standards documentation for deployment, maintenance, monitoring and daily operations.
• Participate in the design and development of Biogen Cloud services and tools focusing on automation and orchestration.
• Document, partner, and share templates, techniques, and artifacts with other development teams around Biogen
• Be a leader helping to drive the Biogen IT vision and a key contributor toward delivering upon the Biogen IT Strategy.
• Serve as the regional Network lead for the EMEA and APAC regions
• Collaborate closely with regional stakeholders for a holistic understanding and delivery of network services
- Demonstrated hands on experience with the following:
- Troubleshooting: TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Unified Communications
- Layer 2 Technologies: VSS, STP, vPC, SPAN, OTV, VPLS
- Layer 3 Technologies: QoS, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, Multicast, DMVPN
- Security Technologies: VPN and Firewall
- Must have the ability to analyze the above technologies utilizing Wireshark to identify network connectivity issues.
- Experience with the following equipment and applications: Cisco routing and switching, Load Balancers, IPAM, TACACS+/Radius, Nexus, WAN acceleration along with multi-vendor network hardware and software environments.
- Working knowledge of Software Defined Networking Principles.
- Hands on experience designing and implementing networking solutions leveraging multiple services within public cloud providers and/or cross platform APIs (e.g. AWS and/or Azure).
- Experience Developing Network Solutions with Software Defined Networking and Orchestration Tools (Ansible, etc.).
- Experience and expertise developing scripts, and or services for the network environment in at least one of the following: PowerShell, JAVA, Ruby, Python, PHP, Perl, or similar language a plus.
- Self-Starter, eager to learn new technologies in a fast pace environment and work in multiple networking technology domains.
- Strong team player with demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans.
- 7+ years network engineering experience, 5+ years collaborating closely with technical infrastructure teams.
- CCNP Level experience required.
- CCIE a plus.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, systems thinking and troubleshooting abilities.