Senior Project Engineer
- Luterbach, Switzerland
- Department: Engineering
- Region: EU+/Canada
1. Manage Capital Project Execution from Initiation to closure.
· Direct Management and ownership of design and construction projects to conclusion and handover
· Perform a key role in planning, budgeting and identification of resources needed
· Create teams, develop objectives and goals
· Manage internal groups, and ensure effective timing of relevant discipline, SME and RE involvement
· Write project plans and scopes of work
· Communicate effectively with sub-contractors
· Maintain strict quality and safety standards
· Ensure project closeout documentation is completed on time
· Identify elements of design and construction likely give rise to claims or disputes
· Ability to manage client expectations and while provide stellar service.
2. Being the interface and glue between discipline engineers in order to define full scope and deliver end to end project. Provide, when needed, equipment installation, construction and commissioning oversight, including equipment inspections, factory acceptance testing (FAT), site acceptance testing (SAT), and field verification. Ensure effective execution of equipment and system walk-downs with a strong adherence to Safety standards and practices
3. Interface with stakeholders on the Project to ensure the design, execution, and delivery are in accordance with Global Engineering, Quality, Environmental, and Safety procedures.
4. Responsible for ensuring projects and project portfolio areas are aligned with project governance requirements, guidelines and procedures. Prepare project status updates and stakeholder reports
5. When needed, input into the development of tools, practices, skills and behaviors that align with the overall project goals
6. Be delegate for Associate Director, Global Engineering on adhoc basis
- A minimum of 10 years project and program office related experience.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple project simultaneously
- Ability to read and understand Engineering and Architectural drawings
This is a Project Engineering functional role within the Global Project Engineering group for the execution of a new Capital Project Work at the Large Scale Manufacturing facility, located at the Solothurn, Switzerland campus.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Global Engineering, this role will be fully responsible for the end to end execution of Capital Process and Infrastructure projects across the site. Responsibilities include planning, executing and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. Building and managing project teams, reporting to the project sponsor, and ensuring quality in delivery through the life cycle of the project.
Supporting as needed, the technical, infrastructure and system design, equipment and installation procurement, construction oversight, factory/site acceptance testing, commissioning, that support the delivery of goals to meet cost and schedule expectations within a framework of safety, governance and good engineering practices.