Senior Manager, Business Operations - Global Safety & Regulatory Sciences
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Research & Development
- Region: US
The Lead Business Operations Partner supporting GSRS is responsible for the business operations activities: budget, resources, and operational excellence within GSRS. This role elevates strategic budget and resource management for the Function to ensure proactive resourcing decisions and thoughtful trade-offs can be made. This role is focused on standardizing operational, financial and resourcing initiatives for the function and coordinating with the sub-functions on such things as procedural guidance, strategic change, operational issues, budgeting and finance. This role is accountable for the overall departmental business operations view and ensuring that point people are identified at the sub-function level for budget and resource management.
Specific responsibilities include:
Partner with GSRS Leadership Team
- Liaise with Leadership Team to align current status and trajectory of budget and resources
- Facilitate resourcing/budget discussions on near term and long-term priorities
- Partner with LT to define and monitor capacity and identify emerging issues
- Facilitate trade-off discussions and provide options to address emerging issues
- Conduit into R&D Strategy, Planning, Operations, and Communications for the function
- Support effective decision-making, based on a deep awareness of issues from an integrative, leadership perspective
- Serve as a member of the leadership teams, participate in/contribute to meetings and oversee tracking outcomes and deliverables
Cost Center Manager
- Responsible for business planning and analysis strategies. Implements and manages/oversees regular reporting and analytical cycle for the functions (such as AOP, financial placemats, resource allocation reports)
- Implement and maintain core management reporting, dashboards and key risk & performance indicators
- Ensure budgets and schedules meet organization requirements and standards, responsible for overall functional budget and projects.
Strategic Partner with Business Strategist, EAs, Finance, and Portfolio Directors
- Partner on resource planning and prioritization/trade-off initiatives
Optimization / Initiatives Driver
- Responsible for leading key efforts to improve business practices and processes to maximize resources and achieve operational excellence
- Proactively identify and oversee implementation of strategic process improvement efforts and remove roadblocks
- Coordinate with business operations roles in the sub-functions to enable alignment to overall resourcing goals and reporting templates and processes
- 5-8 years experience in Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience (minimum 5 years) in business operations, budget management, process improvement, or other finance related roles.
- Ability to work within matrix and influence without authority through formal channels and informal network
- Ability to work with agility, taking multi-faceted approaches to transfer knowledge and know-how, and form teams for follow-through
- Financial acumen, with an ability to evaluate budgets accounting, business case development
- Outstanding collaboration, communication and people skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, detail oriented
- Regulatory Sciences experience is a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree (MBA) preferred.
The Lead Business Operations Partner supporting GSRS is responsible for the business operations activities: budget, resources, and operational excellence within GSRS. This role elevates strategic budget and resource management for the Function to ensure proactive resourcing decisions and thoughtful trade-offs can be made.