Associate Director, Issues & Brand Management, Corporate Reputation and Responsibility
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Corporate Affairs
- Region: US
Supporting Biogen’s efforts to be the leader in neuroscience, this role helps to drive management and execution of Biogen’s corporate brand and reputation program as well as issues management. This role works to maintain and strengthen Biogen’s reputation as a neuroscience leader – from developing strategies to enhance, build and protect Biogen’s brand to executing key programs globally to help engage and inspire Biogen’s stakeholders. This role will also develop and implement programs that complement Biogen’s leadership.
- Implement corporate brand campaigns and tools globally across Biogen. Providing expertise and advice on implementation, measurement and guidelines.
- Evolve Biogen’s brand assets and ensure maintenance of materials and key reports.
- Build a deep understanding of business objectives in order to tie branding work directly to desired business outcomes.
- Implement Biogen’s processes around issues management and help to mitigate potential reputational risks (e.g. plan, manage, pre-empt), working cross-functionally with company leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Support execution of Biogen’s global Corporate Responsibility strategy, programs and governance, ensuring integration across the business, including implementing key initiatives and engaging stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional subject matter experts to help manage company-wide ratings and rankings (e.g. Dow Jones Sustainability Index, JUST 100, Best Places to Work, etc.).
- Create authentic and compelling materials for Biogen’s brand, narrative and value proposition, including developing/writing stories and producing videos. Support overall stakeholder experience at global sites and affiliates.
- Minimum 7 years in corporate affairs experience or equivalent.
- Professional who demonstrates sound business judgment and works closely with senior leaders in various parts of the organization to help drive effective communications to employees.
- Professional who challenges conventional wisdom in order to deliver innovative communications plans.
- Must possess the ability to think strategically and execute tactically and demonstrate a strong understanding of the business, pipeline and overall operations.
- 21st century communicator – strong knowledge of digital platforms, social media, rudimentary video, and awareness of emerging technologies.
- Creative, collaborative and versatile professional with experience in the development and implementation of integrated communications to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to assess different situations and communication challenges fast and be able to deliver high quality work under time pressure.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and interact with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to represent Biogen in a variety of community settings.
- Creative, pioneering, agile and flexible. Possesses a natural curiosity and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong initiative, sense of urgency and ability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.