Scientist I, Medicinal Chemistry
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Research & Development
- Region: US
We are seeking a PhD level Scientist to join our Medicinal Chemistry group in Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will be a creative and highly motivated experimentalist with strong synthetic organic chemistry skills.
As a key contributor to small molecule discovery projects, the candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to think independently and solve complex problems.
He/she will be expected to work in a team environment and to effectively communicate with co-workers from a variety of disciplines and scientific backgrounds.
- Well versed in modern synthetic methodologies and capable of tackling difficult synthetic problems in an expedient fashion.
- Skilled in the area of multi-step synthesis, purification, and characterization of organic compounds, and with a strong commitment to experimental work.
- A team player who works effectively within a multidisciplinary organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with relevant biological disciplines (e.g. biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology) is a plus.
Biogen’s Medicinal Chemistry department is seeking a project-oriented scientist with experience in synthetic organic chemistry and working with small molecule discovery projects to join our team in Cambridge, MA.