Marketing Operations Resource Manager
- Weston, MA
- Department: Commercial
- Region: US
This role leads all print, fulfillment and sample program vendor management with oversight and management of the Brand’s print budget.
S/he will oversee multiple contractors including Print Procurement Specialists (currently two). All individuals are on-site full time.
This role oversees and audits existing resources on behalf of the USO and regularly provides input and perspective that drives decision making and process on expiry, volume reduction, prioritization, etc. S/he will produce dashboards as well as ad-hoc and syndicated metrics/reports to internal stakeholders (Leadership, Brand Marketers, Marketing Operations) and identify areas for further optimization.
In addition, s/he will partner closely with the Marketing Operations Data and Platform Manager for integration and workflow optimization of print and fulfillment services with Veeva Promo Mats.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to
Vendor Management – Print, Inventory and Sample Programs
- Oversee assigned vendor daily operational execution and monitor against service level agreements and compliance to all SOPS and WPI's.
- Facilitate weekly vendor/Marketing Ops meeting and ensure all deliverables are met, facilitate vendor QBR’s and reporting.
- In support of multiple brand needs, manage print, fulfillment and sample program budgets including vendor accruals. Validate and approve all vendor invoices. Update POs as necessary and forecast all spend working with all USO brand teams.
- Manage and optimize inventory systems, reporting, develop, implement dashboard reporting for effective inventory and print management.
- Oversee distribution of materials including drop shipment.
- Deliver monthly vendor tracking reports to business stakeholders, managing and communicating PO fund availability.
- Lead on-site Print Procurement Specialist team (2-3 individuals) to drive and refine print & fulfillment workflow process to support best in class delivery of project deliverables, ensuring business objectives are met according to Biogen’s business needs.
- Point of contact on all vendor related/data IT issues & resolutions.
- Point of contact for compliance and IT team for federal reporting (sampling). Secure annual report from vendor and provide to Regulatory for filing.
- Proactively gather input around resource utilization, inventory, etc. to inform prioritization and decision-making throughout the year
o Share-out with brand teams of quarterly/monthly print and inventory review and provide recommendations for next steps
o Lead annual cross-functional effort to conduct Field resource audit yielding input for annual planning discussions
- Develop, execute, and monitor communication expiry process for digital and print resources.
- Formalize (or update) and manage all processes/SOPs for Resource Management, resource removal, label updates, etc.
- On-board and train new employees (and agencies) on resource management (print, fulfillment and DAM process and systems).
- Isolate root cause of issues related to resource management and ensure proper intervention and training occurs
- 6+ years relevant experience in a resource, print production or project management role.
- Proficient with communication tools such as G-Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and JIRA.
- Experience in Veeva Vault PromoMats and Digital asset Management preferred.
- Agency and/or Pharma experience is a plus.
- Highly collaborative team player with strong leadership skills.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Is forward-thinking and can take a holistic view of the business in order to ensure efficiencies and alignment with Marketing and other cross-functional teams.
- Solid project management skills. Comfortable managing multiple and varied projects at one time.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Works with a sense of urgency, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with all levels of the organization, including Senior Leadership.
- Ability to manage a large volume and prioritize accordingly based on urgent issues.
- Acts as a mentor to team members provides guidance and direction.
- Strong computer aptitude and ability to learn systems quickly.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
The Marketing Operations Resource Manager reports to the AD of Marketing Operations and is responsible for oversight of all promotional resource print production, overall resource utilization and asset management for all Biogen brands.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.