Patient Services Coordinator
- Research Triangle Park, NC
- Department: Patient Services
- Region: US
Biogen is looking to hire multiple Patient Service Coordinators
The primary role of the Patient Service Coordinator is to facilitate the customer lifecycle by assisting patients, healthcare providers and others with activities related to starting and staying on therapy. Patient base includes both newly diagnosed and existing Alzheimer patients. Daily interactions involve contact via phone not only with patients but also health care providers, Biogen field force representatives, business service partners, nursing services and other internal work groups.
The competitive candidates will have an ability to utilize strong interpersonal skills that will allow for the support and education of patients in their disease state, understanding of medical benefits, Biogen product education and the offering of service option explanations. The competitive candidates will have call center experience, ambiguity, ability to influence without authority and an ability to utilize strong interpersonal skills that will allow for the support and education of patients, understanding of medical benefits, and communicating support program options that will drive successful outcomes for our patients.
We have multiple positions available and are interested in hearing from candidates with a proven track record of success in the following areas:
• Prior customer service experience
• Passion in speaking to customers and helping to resolve customer needs
• Experience finding resolution to complex issues
• Technical proficiency in a Customer Relationship Management System, preferably Salesforce.com
• Comfortable working with standard operating procedures with focus on quality
• Possess strong problem-solving skills such as superb listening skills
• Able to remain agile to address varying call types from multiple customer groups while communicating concisely and with credibility
• Demonstrated willingness to present solutions and diverse perspectives
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in providing patient and healthcare provider support, understanding of medical benefits, Biogen product education and service options.
• Successful completion of paid training without interruption is a must
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) skill is a plus
NOTE: Though training hours will likely be conducted from 8:30am-5:00pm, candidates should be able to work any shift between the hours of 8:30am-8pm at the end of training. Core Business hours are subject to change due finalization of business needs.
1-2 years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
In Patient Services, we are committed to improving the lives of our patients. Our goal is to educate customers about our products, to provide services that facilitate access to our treatments and to ensure safety and compliance with FDA standards. Additionally, we strive to support people in managing their therapy when it comes to living with Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal Muscular Atrophy and Alzheimer. Our goal is to Care Deeply, Work Fearlessly, Change Lives.