Senior Manager, Alzheimer’s Payer Marketing
- Weston, MA
- Department: Market Access
- Region: US
The Senior Manager, ALZ Payer Marketing is accountable for the tactical development and coordination of the U.S. market access activities supporting the launch of the first-to-market potential therapy for Alzheimer’s disease. Following launch, this role is responsible for monitoring market access performance and results of the Alzheimer’s therapeutic area.
- Lead the implementation of key tactics that support adoption and access for Biogen’s Alzheimer’s asset at and post-launch
- Serve as a subject matter expert and source of market-specific information, segmentation, strategic direction, and tactical concepts
- Align with the brand team to develop messaging to drive value to government and private payers and channel customers
- Determine the appropriate marketing mix to drive product access and refine mix based on customer and market feedback
- Gather data, design customer development programs, and lead the development of strategies and tactics in collaboration with brand product managers and field teams
- Serve as a liaison with cross functional partners to lead and guide tactic and program development
- Manage the regulatory and legal approval process for market access tactics and deliverables
- Develop the annual brand plan from a Market Access and Reimbursement perspective, while ensuring alignment with the US brand and global teams
- Partner closely with Brand, Sales, Training, Advocacy, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Patient Services, Market Research/ Decision Support, Legal, Compliance, and Regulatory teams to optimize Alzheimer’s market access tactics and resources supporting brand strategy.
Professional Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of all key U.S. payer dynamics including commercial and government reimbursement (Medicare Parts B and D) as well as hospital/IDN/ site of care reimbursement.
- Experience in specialty products or rare disease including payer dynamics unique to these therapies
- Experience in payer/brand marketing
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead cross functionally
- Understanding of the evolving payer environment, including PBMs and GPOs
- Experience identifying trends and insights assimilating into market/channel strategy
- Understanding of key payer value drivers and ability to develop and implement payer value propositions
- Understanding of the cross functional interactions between Account Management and Field Sales to ensure successful implementation of pull through plans
- Strong analytic skills, critical thinking ability and financial acumen
- Understanding of the legal/regulatory environment
- Strong communication skills
- B.A. or B.S. Degree required; advanced education/degree preferred.
- 5-7 years pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience, including payer marketing (1-2 years preferred), marketing and account management-related activities
- Specialty products and/ or rare disease experience preferred.
- Strong business and financial acumen skills with the ability to apply them productively in lateral and superior relationships; detailed oriented, strong quantitative and analytical ability
- Proven ability to use customer and marketplace insights to identify, develop and implement initiatives that meet customer and company needs
- Experience managing key commercial processes that are critical to business performance, including brand planning and positioning, value proposition development, resource development and field messaging.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills, with experience managing multiple projects against a timeline
- Ability to lead and coach cross-functional teams
- Must exhibit peer leadership skills, ability to perform in fast paced environments and ability to influence without authority.
Please note this position is based in Weston, MA and travel is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.