Intern: Patient Services Distribution Compliance
- Research Triangle Park, NC
- Department: Interns & Co-ops
- Region: US
This is for a 12-week internship position from June – August 2020
The Patient Services Distribution Compliance intern position provides an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience with executing the distribution requirements for infusion sites and pharmacies enrolled in the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) program. As part of Distribution Compliance team, the intern will support the development, implementation, and execution of the REMS requirements.
The intern position will work closely with the Distribution Compliance team to manage infusion sites and pharmacies enrolled in the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) program. This position offers exposure to the design, development, and deployment of distribution compliance requirements in line with FDA requirements. The intern will also support and contribute to making any necessary modifications to the current distribution model. This position will also have the opportunity to support special projects with other Patient Services teams such as the REMS Program and PS Compliance teams.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in helping patients have access to therapy, drug distribution models, working within FDA requirements, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, work independently and deal with ambiguity. The position is based in Research Triangle Park, NC.
- Monitors and manages infusion site and pharmacy enrollment in the REMS
- Completes reconciliation efforts to ensure distribution model compliance by infusion sites and pharmacies
- Creates and updates distribution compliance owned departmental practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and talking points to support Patient Services compliance with REMS requirements and legal policies
- Liaise with other business groups within Patient Services and other teams to support key initiatives
- Pull through any REMS modification changes through all documentation
- Ensure faxes, letters, talking points and presentations are accurate and PRC approved
- Assists in testing changes to systems including the validated database and salesforce
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Analysis skills across business process, systems and data
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and has a sense of urgency.
- Ability to identify, recommend, and implement process improvements.
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Proactive in identifying potential issues and generating solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.