Senior Instrumentation and Calibration Technician I (Metrology)
- Research Triangle Park, NC
- Department: Engineering
- Region: US
Due to continued growth and the introduction of new technologies across the site, we are looking for a qualified candidate to support the Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Dept. in a GMP and Non-GMP environment.
In this role you will be responsible for performing corrective and preventative calibrations on manufacturing and laboratory analytical instrumentation as well as supporting manufacturing and laboratory personnel in the use, maintenance and repair of on-site instrumentation and test equipment.
Applicants will become trained and skilled in all unit operations in their area and performs most functions with minimal supervision.
- Performs corrective and preventative calibrations on manufacturing and laboratory analytical instrumentation
- Supports manufacturing and laboratory personnel in the use, maintenance and repair of on-site instrumentation and test equipment
- Coordinates on-site and off-site vendor/contractor actions related to the calibration and repair of critical and non-critical instrumentation
- Performs unscheduled corrective calibrations and repairs
- Authors changes to procedures and job plans
- Installs new instrumentation
- Provides engineering support
- Investigates problematic equipment failures
- Provides Validation support
We are interested in hearing from candidates with a proven track record of success in the following areas:
- Detailed oriented with excellent documentation skills
- Adaptable to changing needs and demands, comfortable navigating in a changing environment
- Influencing a positive attitude throughout team
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
- Ability to interact with others in a professional and courteous manner in accordance with Biogen’s Core Behaviors
- The schedule for this role is Monday – Friday from 7:30am-4pm EST
- After proper training this position will require after hour, on-call support on a rotating basis
- This position may require 2nd shift hours Monday – Friday
Minimum of an Associate’s Degree with an emphasis in Electronics/Instrumentation; or a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training (including military training); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.