Associate Scientist II/Engineer I, Technical Development
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Technical Development
- Region: US
This position will focus on development of high productivity and robust cell culture processes through classically and statistically designed experiments. The candidate’s goals will be to increase process robustness and productivity through comprehensive understanding of levers important to mammalian cell culture. A major component of the role will involve conducting and documenting laboratory bioreactor experiments with a focus on process definition and understanding, experimental design and troubleshooting, and data analysis.
The ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively with pilot scale and tech transfer teams for execution of development projects. In addition, the ideal candidate will contribute to improving laboratory process workflows, making laboratory work more efficient and with greater impact. The right candidate may also contribute to novel laboratory technology or continuous improvement projects. Candidates must be strong team players and have an ability to collaborate effectively on complex projects. A strong affinity for the laboratory with demonstrated success using those techniques is expected.
- Perform and document experiments at bench-scale (shake flasks, AMBR, 3L reactors, etc.) to support development of mammalian Cell Culture processes for recombinant protein production
- Contribute to experimental planning based on experience and literature searches
- Collaboratively work with team members to ensure lab experiments are well-planned and executed
- Perform data analysis and troubleshooting of experiments and lab equipment
- Document development work in concise reports and provide project updates via oral presentations
- Support lab maintenance tasks, lab harmonization and workflow optimizations.
- Support new technology evaluations and innovation projects
- Knowledge and technical experience in mammalian cell culture/ biotechnology related development including aseptic operations, cell biology, biochemistry, analytical techniques, and bioreactor operations.
- Familiarity working with complex laboratory operations, instrumentation and control systems. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and creativity.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- 0-3 years relevant experience
- B.S. degree in Bio/Chemical Engineering or life science related field required, M.S. degree preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.