Data Warehouse Support Engineer
- Research Triangle Park, NC
- Department: Information Technology
- Region: US
Biogen has one of the most exciting pipelines in the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry. The company has been growing rapidly and with this growth comes a number of exciting opportunities to work with our expanding business areas.
The Data Engineering and Analytics (DEA) team operates as the “hub” in a “hub and spoke” federated model where they collaborate with distributed stakeholder groups (the “spokes”) to enable their specific priorities while establishing common enterprise-wide capabilities across information management and delivery competencies and platforms. DEA has been established to enable Biogen to move beyond legacy ways of implementing solutions and eliminate siloed thinking & activity as it relates to information management and delivery. This central team will deliver “Next-Gen Value” by establishing core capabilities needed to effectively manage and exploit data as an enterprise asset.
The Data Warehouse Support Engineer is responsible for supporting the data warehouse for new product introductions in Snowflake and Intelligent Informatica Cloud Services (IICS). The lead engineer should also plan to migrate the existing data warehouse which is in Oracle and Informatica On-Premise to the new data warehouse. This role is in the Platform Operations & Support for the Data Engineering & Analytics group.
The Data Warehouse Support Engineer will work closely with the business users, data owners, application designers, and data architects to support the existing and new data model. Define and govern data modelling and design standards tools best practices and related enterprise data models
The Data Warehouse Support Engineer will work with different cross functional teams to support and deliver best solutions in the data warehouse. He / She will be responsible to ensure best processes are followed and proactive effort for process improvement. The Data Warehouse Support Engineer is responsible for working with Biogen Infrastructure and Vendors to ensure the data warehouse performs optimally and any escalated problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Support new product introduction data warehouse in support of the delivery layer data model on Snowflake.
- Understand, define and structure how data relates to business operations and capabilities through data modelling.
- Support logical entity grouping and corresponding file structures for AWS S3.
- Apply Best practices and guidelines on Snowflake Data Mart designs.
- Extensively working on the Erwin Data Modelling tool.
- Very passionate on exploring new technologies. Good at providing innovative solutions. Team Player with cross functional knowledge.
- Provide team leadership and supervision for MSP partners that provide monitoring, incident management and enhancement services.
- Meet regularly with project technical leads and solution architects to review designs, recommend solutions and participate in code reviews for applicable systems for all activities related to upgrades, patches, releases, production schedules, disaster recovery plans.
- Minimum of 10 years of overall IT experience with at least 6 years of ETL/Informatica experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Data Modeler with high proficiency in requirement gathering and data modeling including design of Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses and Data Marts.
- Hands on experience with the Informatica ETL Toolset (Powercenter, Data Quality Management, Cloud), Informatica MDM, Business Glossary, Metadata Manager etc.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of Oracle Databases, expert level knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL on Oracle 11 or later version of database.
- Should have experience working with AWS S3 and Snowflake data warehouse.
- Should possess extensive experience modelling large enterprise data warehouse based on RDBMS systems.
- Good understanding of RDBMS physical implementations including indexing, partitioning, tables, materialized views, etc.
- Hands on experience in implementing EDW/Data lake application on Cloud platforms such as - AWS-S3/EC2/Redshift/ EMR/ Glue, Snowflake / Azure / Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of ELT approach in data warehouse.
- Proficient in Unix environment with hands on experience on Unix Shell scripting,
- Experience with any scheduling tools like Autosys, Active Batch etc.
- Support Operations and Management of multiple production applications.
- Results oriented with the ability to prioritize and deliver key initiatives, highly professional with good communication, interpersonal skills
- Great at leadership skills and excellent stakeholder communications.
- Working with Managed Serviced Provider model in Onsite-Offshore role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
The Data Warehouse Support Engineer is responsible for supporting the data warehouse for new product introduction in Snowflake and Intelligent Informatica Cloud Services (IICS). The lead engineer should also plan to migrate the existing data warehouse which is in Oracle and Informatica On-Premise to the new data warehouse. This role is in the Platform Operations & Support for the Data Engineering & Analytics group
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.