Scientist I, Bioanalysis, DMPK Department
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Research & Development
- Region: US
The successful candidate is expected to perform routine LBA, develop innovative LBA for large molecule quantifications, and actively identify/develop new analytical technologies to meet potentially challenging needs of projects. The candidate should have experience on both non-GLP and GLP studies. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required, along with scientific thinking and problem-solving skills. Effectiveness in efficiently engaging other team members in support of team goals is also preferred.
• Develop and conduct LBA on large molecule biotherapeutics for non-clinical and possible clinical studies across Biogen’s pipelines.
• Support drug discovery by providing high quality bioanalytical support with a focus on large molecule quantification by LBA and other pertinent-platform technologies.
• Deliver and present the experimental results in a timely manner to cross-functional project teams and in DMPK department meetings.
• Provide scientific monitoring and guidance on outsourcing studies for the method transfer, development, troubleshooting, qualification, validation and report to support drug discovery and development.
• Write and review bioanalytical study protocols and reports that are suitable for inclusion in registration dossiers (IB, IND/IMPD, BLA).
• Build upon personal publication record and contribute to departmental internal and external influence.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in conducting ligand binding assays on large molecule biotherapeutics for both non-GLP and GLP studies
• Hands-on experience with the development, validation and troubleshooting of the methods by LBA quantification
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in quantification of anti-drug antibody or biomarkers by LBA or LC-MS is a plus
• Experience in studying CNS drug disposition and blood-brain barrier is a plus
The successful candidate will have a degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related field, including a MS degree with at least 5+ years of industry experience, or a Ph.D. degree with at least 2+ years of industry experience
Biogen’s DMPK department is seeking a highly motivated scientist with excellent knowledge and experience in developing and conducting ligand binding assays (LBA) to enable discovery and development of innovative therapeutics for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.