Global IT Service Desk Lead
- Weston, MA
- Department: Information Technology
- Region: US
The Senior Manager, Global IT Help Desk is responsible for the initiation, design, transition, ongoing maintenance/support and continuous improvement of the Biogen Global Help Desk Support Service. Accountable for the Global Help Desk Support Service across the entire IT service management lifecycle.
*Job Description :
Biogen delivers Global Help Desk Support Service via a managed service agreement with a third-party vendor. Day to day operational oversight of the help desk agents and call volume is managed by the third party.
This lead is responsible for the financial oversight of costs involved delivering the Global Help Desk Support Service. The Global Help Desk Senior Manager is responsible to ensure the partner is delivering on their contractual support commitments as well as continuously improving the environment to increase customer satisfaction.
• Ability to handle critical incidents with a sense of urgency and quality to create a positive customer service experience and increase customer engagement
• Take full accountability and ownership of customers’ issues and follow problems through with end-end resolution.
• CSAT follow up, analyze resource with Global Service Desk partner, drive improvements where needed
Develop and establish agile and customer focused service procedures, policies and standards.
• Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and document customer service actions and outcomes.
• Apply best practices for help-desk processes and address areas of improvement.
• Ensure our partner delivers the expected quality and within KPI targets
• Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
• Effectively manage the MSP Service Desk team and achieve continuous improvements.
• Manage the Service Desk in a Global environment and across several times zones, APAC, EMEA, US/ CA/ LatAm.
• Adhere to SLAs and ensure customer service is timely and accurate such as First Customer Contact, First Contact Closure, Customer Satisfaction, Average Speed of Answer, Call Abandonment, etc. are met. Current targets are set forth in the existing Managed Service Agreement.
• Develop and analyze daily, weekly and monthly reports and statistics on Service Desk team’s productivity.
• Act as the primary contact for all non-standard service related enquiries and escalations, the Global Help Desk Manager will coordinate and track resources, contacts, and work in collaboration with Service Owners and Managers to ensure timely incident resolution.
• Identify opportunities for service improvements.
• Liaise with appropriate Process Owners, Service Owners and Managers throughout the service management lifecycle to ensure appropriate introduction of new services and a fully informed and trained Service Desk team.
• Effective Vendor Management is required to ensure adherence to contractual terms and service delivery requirements and performance. Ensuring Vendor and its agents are fully trained on Biogen SOPs, processes and delivery requirements.
· Collaborate with vendor management teams to ensure effective contract management, financial controls, and partner service escalations
• 5+ years of ITIL Experience with ITIL V3 framework along with at least ITIL intermediate certificate in Service Operation.
• Experience with Service Now or similar Incident Management Tool
• Project management skills are beneficial.
• Experience with working in a pharma/Biotech/GxP environment is preferred.
• Experience with driving change management programs is essential.
• Strong Vendor Management skills to influence desired outcomes.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• 5+ years managing a Global Help Desk environment.
• HDM Certification
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with an IT focus is preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.