Senior Software Engineer, Digital Health Technologies & Data Science (DHT &DS) (UI/UX)
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Information Technology
- Region: US
We are looking for a quick learning full-stack developer (Sr. Software Engineer) to join the Digital Medicine Computing team within R&D IT. The Sr. Software Engineer will write robust multi-tiered applications, lead technology integrations, and create prototypes for scientific applications. This is an opportunity to work with a passionate team at the intersection of technology and science, directly impacting Biogen’s pioneering research into MS and other neurological diseases.
The teams follow Agile methodology, including Scrum and Kanban.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on the Digital Medicine Computing team, the individual will provide advanced technical expertise in big data computing, scalable storage and data integration technologies. He or she will enable high throughput data ingestion, organization (weaving structured and unstructured), analysis, computation, visualization and sharing/reporting. The individual will provide technical leadership, intellectual impetus and sense of urgency for enabling “ingestion-to-insight” capabilities, collaborating with scientific business teams and data scientists working in Quantitative Medicine and Real-World Data. The individual will be responsible for maintaining an efficient Agile team by helping to hire/retain talent and mentor/coach junior data engineers.
- Extensive front-end experience, including UI/UX experience, web-development, and rapid prototyping
- Experience with Java, Python and elegant coding patterns as well as scripting expertise: Bash, etc.
- Experience with NoSql databases like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, etc
- Expertise with development tools: Git, JIRA, Bamboo/Jenkins, Linux/Unix operating system
- Knowledge of cloud-first architecture patterns and Docker containers a plus
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience working within the pharmaceutical, drug development, clinical trial industry and with GXP solutions strongly preferred
There is no single solution to the complex data problems Biogen is trying to tackle. In order to tackle the non-trivial visualization and analytics components we need to build a suite of new custom applications leveraging some of the most innovative ideas.