Student Co-op: Human Performance/EHS Data Scientist
- Research Triangle Park, NC
- Department: Interns & Co-ops
- Region: US
You aspire to have your work and your expertise matter—to be part of something bigger than any one person. Become a part of Biogen’s vision through our Co-op Program!
Biogen’s Co-op Program is a 6-month, full-time experience where you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge beyond the classroom, partner with industry-leading professionals, and network with fellow students as you engage in exciting projects. Together, we pioneer.
This position will support the Global Environmental Health (and Human Performance) and Safety Department. This department is responsible for managing investigations for manufacturing operations at Biogen. The department is responsible for causal analysis and identification of actions that maintain safety and lower hazard risks to improve performance and enhance organizational resiliency. This department has many functions related to Safety and Health and Resilience. Therefore, Human Performance deployment, learnings, and management is a core function of this department as well.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Own and develop Human Performance metrics with machine learning, natural learning processing, and data trending from DevonWay system
- Maintain and improve spreadsheets for metric analysis to include statistical tables using Tableau related to investigation process and CAPA effectiveness
- Assist Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) team with data needs from the Serious Injuries or Fatalities Assessment Project
- Compile and generate Excel spreadsheets from Trackwise capturing key data related to team metrics
- Support project to translate Safety Data Sheets into the native languages for appropriate markets
- Support the development of operational risk assessments for the Global department
- Develop and provide input on how to leverage data within myEHS system, by performing a deep dive review into myEHS and its dashboards
- Become expert on how to visualize PI data that monitors wastewater flow meter data
To participate in the Biogen Co-op Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies
- High proficiency in Microsoft's Office software suite including Word, Excel, Visio, Project, and PowerPoint
- Prefer to have completed courses or related experience with biomanufacturing
- Practical knowledge and application of cGMP, cGLP, EMEA, and OSHA compliance regulations and inspections
- Ability to communicate effectively across organizations, and to balance resource demands from multiple internal customers
- Proficiency in knowledge management strategy
- High proficiency to import and export data from text files, saved queries, or databases
- Ability to design and develop databases
- Experience working with common report tools (e.g. Tableau). Experience with Atlassian confluence, open source coding, and software engineering
- Experience with Trackwise queries, export, and analysis
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Undergraduate student completed at least two years of program; or Graduate Student (any year)
- Desired majors include: B.S./Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or related Engineering or Science field
This position will support the Global Environmental Health (and Human Performance) and Safety Department. This department is responsible for managing investigations for manufacturing operations at Biogen. The department is responsible for causal analysis and identification of actions that maintain safety and lower hazard risks to improve performance and enhance organizational resiliency.
This is a co-op position from January - June 2020.