- 500 Corporate Cir, Golden, CO 80401, USA
BioTrust Nutrition (www.BioTrust.com) is America's #1 online nutrition and supplement brand and we are searching for a "Star", Controller to support our team. This candidate will work from home until it is safe for our office in Golden, CO to reopen. Then this position will work from our office and report directly to the VP of Finance.
BioTrust Nutrition develops and distributes an all-natural line of premium, scientifically-designed dietary supplements and all-natural food products without the use of hormones, artificial flavors, colors, additives or sweeteners. (The product line includes nutrition shakes, nutrition brownies, and various vitamins, minerals and herbal products.)
It's our team's mission this year to empower more than one million individuals world-wide to improve their nutrition, reduce body fat levels, increase performance, and positively transform their health through our informative articles, inspiring community, and our all-natural line of premium, scientifically-backed nutrition products.
Why YOU Should Work With US
- Competitive salary.
- Access to health, dental and vision insurance.
- Matching 401k plan.
- Every day is casual Friday.
- All team members receive free BioTrust nutrition products.
- Our Charitable Mission: For every order placed at BioTrust.com we provide a meal for a hungry child in need. To date we have provided over 2.2 million meals to hungry kids and we have also donated over $1.35 million through our partnership with The Make a Wish Foundation® for children with serious health issues.
The Controller owns the accounting operations and activities of the Company and is responsible for ensuring the accounting infrastructure, processes and reporting are accurate, timely and efficient. The Controller oversees a team of accountants while also playing a very hands-on, tactical role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completion of month-end close and consolidation of BioTrust and its subsidiaries under US GAAP
- Perform analyses across multiple data sources and data sets to derive and record monthly journal entries that are supported by organized and clearly documented workpapers
- Review work of staff members pertaining to close processes, workpapers and journal entries
- Create and design new close procedures as required by company initiatives and growth
- Manage key accounting operational areas (AP, AR, invoicing, treasury, etc.).
- Oversee all aspects of sales tax compliance, including utilizing the Company’s third-party sales tax software to manage nexus and facilitate required filings.
- Manage all internal and external audits, including the annual financial statement audit
- Prepare short-term cash flow forecasts and present to VP of Finance and CEO
- Responsible for establishing accounting policies, procedures, and controls for a high growth company, including developing new ideas and best practices to improve/evolve accounting processes
- Ensure the Company maintains an adequate and effective control environment over financial reporting and business processes
- Serve as the administrator for accounting systems and banking/payment platforms
- Support senior management with analysis and financial reporting needs as they arise
- Perform special requests and ad-hoc projects as necessary
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Accounting or related field
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience
- 2-3 years public accounting experience preferred
- Active CPA license
- Experience leading a team of accountants, with a willingness to coach, mentor and contribute to their professional development
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Must be able to gather information from multiple sources, understand gaps in data, and drive solutions
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ability to work across and understand multiple systems
- Must possess strong analytical ability and solid business acumen
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, action-oriented mindset
- Self-motivated with a desire to make an impact and learn our business
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and handle simultaneous assignments under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
If you meet the aforementioned qualifications, and are interested in applying for this position, please apply on this site.
* Please note due to Covid 19, face to face interviews will take place via Zoom. If hired, this position will start as a work from home position and then transfer to our Golden office once the office is reopened.
Thank you and we look forward to learning more about you.