- 500 Corporate Circle, Suite G, Golden, CO, us
BioTrust Nutrition (www.BioTrust.com) is America's #1 online nutrition and supplement brand and we are searching for a "Star", Senior Accountant to support our fast-paced Accounting/Finance department. This candidate will work from our office in Golden, CO and report directly to our Assistant Controller.
BioTRUST Nutrition develops and distributes an all-natural line of premium, scientifically-designed dietary supplements and all-natural food products without the use of hormones, artificial flavors, colors, additives or sweeteners. (The product line includes nutrition shakes, nutrition bars, protein cookies and various vitamins, minerals and herbal products.)
It's our team's mission this year to empower more than one million individuals world-wide to improve their nutrition, reduce body fat levels, increase performance, and positively transform their health through our informative articles, inspiring community, and our all-natural line of premium, scientifically-backed nutrition products.
Why YOU Should Work With US
- Competitive Salary
- Potential for signing bonus based on experience and qualifications.
- Access to health, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401K plan
- Every day is casual Friday
- All team members receive free BioTRUST nutrition products
- Our Charitable Mission: For every order placed at BioTRUST.com we provide a meal for a hungry child in need. To Date we have provided over 2.2 millions meals to hungry kids and we have also donated over $1.35 million through our partnership with The Make a Wish Foundation for children with serious health issues.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Month-end close
- Perform reconciliation of various balance sheet and P&L accounts, including, but not limited to: inventory, COGs, fixed assets, cash, advertising and operating expenses and other accounts as needed
- Perform analyses, sometimes across multiple data-sets, to derive and record monthly journal entries that are supported by organized and clearly documented workpapers
- Calculate and process monthly sales commissions for various commission plans
- Create and design new close procedures as required by company initiatives and growth
- Support balance sheet and income statement account analyses and financial statement preparation
- Work closely with the Assistant Controller to manage and support the annual audit process, including providing detailed account reconciliations and support for activity and balances
- Evaluate accounting treatment of ongoing business, new Company initiatives, and new accounting guidance (e.g. ASC 606 and ASC 842)
- Develop new ideas and best practices to improve / evolve accounting processes and procedures
- Along with Controller and Assistant Controller, ensure the Company maintains an adequate and effective control environment over financial reporting and business processes
- Work closely with other departments, including Marketing, Supply Chain and Customer Service to provide as needed financial analysis and support
- Support senior management with analysis and financial reporting needs as they arise
- Perform special requests and ad-hoc projects as necessary
Skills and Experience Needed to Get the Job Done:
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Accounting or related field
- 2-4 years public accounting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting
- CPA or progress towards CPA
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, action oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and desire to increase Excel skillset
- Must possess strong analytical ability and solid business acumen
- Must be able to gather information from multiple sources, understand gaps in data, and drive solutions
- Self-motivated with a desire to make an impact and learn our business
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and handle simultaneous assignments under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
If you meet the aforementioned qualifications, and are interested in applying for this position, please apply on this site.
Thank you and we look forward to learning more about you.