- 4100 Spring Valley Rd, Dallas, TX 75244, USA
BioTRUST Nutrition (www.BioTRUST.com) is America's #1 online nutrition and supplement brand and we are searching for a "Star", Senior Buyer/Planner to support our fast-paced Supply Chain Department. This candidate will work from Dallas, TX to complete their daily duties.
BioTRUST Nutrition develops and distributes an all-natural line of premium, scientifically-designed dietary supplements and all-natural food products without the use of hormones, artificial flavors, colors, additives or sweeteners. (The product line includes nutrition shakes, nutrition bars, protein cookies and various vitamins, minerals and herbal products.)
It's our team's mission this year to empower more than one million individuals world-wide to improve their nutrition, reduce body fat levels, increase performance, and positively transform their health through our informative articles, inspiring community, and our all-natural line of premium, scientifically-backed nutrition products.
- Competitive salary, bonus and equity opportunity.
- Access to health, dental and vision insurance.
- Matching 401k plan.
- Every day is casual Friday.
- All team members receive free BioTRUST nutrition products.
- Our Charitable Mission: For every order placed at BioTRUST.com we provide a meal for a hungry child in need. To date we have provided over 2.2 million meals to hungry kids and we have also donated over $1.35 million through our partnership with The Make a Wish Foundation® for children with serious health issues.
- Create purchase requests as recommended by the planning system or as requested by Supply Chain management and move them through the signoff process.
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers including tiered pricing and attaching to a specific revision of the Finished Product Specification. Manage supplier confirmation, PO revisions and on time delivery.
- Participate in RFQ process as requested by the Director of Supply Chain.
- Competent in knowledge of assigned products including:
- Understanding and assisting in driving change to the Finished Product Specifications.
- Driving quality improvements through manufacturers.
- Knowledge of materials used in products and identifying potential supply issues.
- Manage the Distribution Center for assigned items including receiving accuracy, inventory accuracy, cycle counts, quarantine and FEFO usage of stock to fulfill customer orders.
- Maintain planning tools for assigned items including forecasts, tracking marketing promotions and weekly sales, due dates for new orders and on hand and expiration of existing inventory.
- Participate in sourcing solutions for new and existing products as directed by senior managers.
- Responsible for communication flow between suppliers and A/P to insure timely and accurate payments to suppliers.
- Manage supplier quality issues including return material authorization, cause and corrective action documentation and supplier credits.
- Manage item attributes, order policies and bills of material in the planning system to insure accurate planning messages.
- Manage the inventory of BioTrust supplied materials stored at manufactures or finished goods at distributions centers and insures they are maintained at 95% or higher perpetual accuracy.
- Manage transportation of assigned items to insure quality and costs are controlled.
- Continuously evaluate the utilization of company resources to identify and recommend improvements
- Bachelor’s degree or could be offset with a combination of secondary education directly related to supply chain and five years or more experience in a senior buyer/planner role.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a buyer/planner role
- Prior experience in an MRP environment
- Procurement experience with nutritional/food products strongly preferred
- Solid experience managing suppliers and a solid track record of utilizing negotiation skills
- Background with purchasing law or cGMPs preferred
- Demonstrated track record of building strong relationships, showing flexibility, utilizing strong communication skills and incorporating “big picture” strategic thinking
- Excellent attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and strategy based on defined corporate goals and initiatives
- Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- APICS, ISM or NAPM training/certifications a plus
If you meet the aforementioned qualifications, and are interested in applying for this position, please apply on this site.
Thank you and we look forward to learning more about you.