Collections (Must have Medical Insurance/Collections)
- 376 Northlake Blvd, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701, USA
As one of the largest and most respected specialty pharmacies, BioPlus creates a meaningful difference to our patients, prescribers, payers, and pharmaceutical partners.
Our 2 - Hour Patient Acceptance Guarantee gives a quick response to prescribers and patients for critical, time - sensitive treatments. As we continue to grow, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help us continue to be the innovative leader in our industry, this is your chance to join our team.
- Responsible for maintaining a timely and accurate collections system.
- Follow up on past due insurance and patient payments.
- Send statements to patients each month. Review accounts before they are sent to collections if payment is not received within time allotted.
- Correct and process any claims returned as non-processable as necessary.
- File all secondary claims as necessary.
- Work with Cash Posters regarding payment questions.
- Advise cash poster supervisor of misapplied payments.
- Speak with patients regarding past due balances and answer all patient questions regarding their account.
- Advise billing of changes in payment structure by insurance companies.
- Review Accounts Receivable reports and determine problem insurance companies. Follow up with insurance companies in timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
- Good computer skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- One-year experience in billing, cash posting and collection procedures, preferably in healthcare.
- Good communication skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalency
BioPlus offers competitive compensation packages including health care, 401(k), growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
BioPlus is an Equal Opportunity Employer