Data Engineer - Data Engineering / Machine Learning Engineer with AWS
- Park Ave, Bloomfield, CT, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Title: Data Engineer Machine Learning with AWS
Location: Bloomfield, CT (Remote )
Duration: 12 Months
Data Engineer - Data Engineering / Machine Learning
History of real software delivery, a driver, not a passenger on the team
AWS at the enterprise level
API development (Swagger/Python)
1. AWS experience is very important, as all our development is cloud-based. We interact with on-premises systems mostly to ingest data from them in the cloud.
2. DevOps... This is likewise important, because we follow a stringent "build once, deploy anywhere" approach, and all our deployment pipelines, in all environments, are automated using some mix of the tools listed. Please note that Jenkins is legacy for us; we are moving or have moved most pipelines from Jenkins to Cloudbees. So we'd much prefer Cloudbees experience over Jenkins at this time.
3. Terraform is our main tool for building infrastructure. However, if a candidate is a CloudFormation expert, that is good also. Preference is for Terraform, though.
4. Data Engineering and Machine Learning is a "nice to have" skill and become more important in the second role "DATA ENGINEER".
5. Python is our main "glue language." However, anyone sufficiently skilled in R, Scala, Java, or other modern procedural or functional language will likely pass our programming test. But engineers MUST be able to write code.
6. API development is another "nice to have" skill, hence listed last.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.