Sr. Space Systems Engineer
- Central Ave, Washington, DC, USA
This is our direct client opening for Sr. Space Systems Engineer, Herndon, VA. This is Full Time Position..
Relocation provided, no visa holders.
Active TS/SCI w/ Poly Government Security Clearance
Opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Herndon, VA. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting. Seeking an experienced Engineer to perform programming and software development to support national security space modeling, simulation and analysis. The candidate will support performance and suitability, development and evaluations of space and multi-domain CONOPS, systems, and hardware.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI w/ Poly Government Security Clearance
- 7+ years with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline, or equivalent
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for software development, quantitative analysis, orbit determination, decision analysis, capability analysis, system engineering requirements analysis and trade studies, analyses of alternatives, design of experiments, and architecture analysis
- Support programs by creating models, simulations, and analysis tools to support national security space analysis activities.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluations alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and operations
- Use modeling and simulation analyses to support design validation and mission benefit analyses
- Develop new algorithms and processes, enhance current tool capabilities, and perform analyses
- Interaction with customers and provides input to project managers on programmatic and technical deliverables under guidance of senior technical personnel
- Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts to enhance mission operations
- Support the development of technological concepts which improve system performance and mission capabilities
- May act as a technical lead for limited aspects of a project
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in supporting modeling, simulation, and analysis of national security space related problems desired
- Experience in programming to support AI and ML desired knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and techniques relevant to solving problems in the field of orbital mechanics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective organization level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of principles associated with AI, big data analytics, ML, and game theory desired
- Software: STK/Astrogator, Astrodynamics Standards, SOAP, Pro Engineer
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, C++, C, Parallel Computing, UNIX/Linux
- Previous experience supporting DoD/government customers
- Ability to write subsystem specification and requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.