Embedded Software Engineer and System Engineer (Documenting, Design, Testing)
- MD-32, Ellicott City, MD, USA
This is a direct-client opening for an Embedded Software Engineer located in Quantico, VA. This is full time position. The salary range is $170K/year
Job Description: The Embedded Software Programmer will provide technical support for commercial and government contracts. The selected individual will work as part of an engineering team on a variety of challenging projects and activities focused largely on low level embedded software development spanning the entire engineering lifecycle from research to maintenance. The embedded software will primarily be run on Xilinx FPGA processors (Microblaze, Zynq, & Zynq+), and consist of hardware command and control interfacing with devices such as Ethernet PHYs. Also required is system messaging (command/status) on a near real-time basis. Host software development, if necessary, will primarily consist of driver & service development in support of the aforementioned Xilinx hardware as well as real-time data processing on both Windows and Linux.
Required Skills and Education: BS or MS in an engineering discipline, computer science, or physics, US Citizenship, Active Top-Secret Security Clearance. 3 years real-time embedded software design experience, 1-3 years FPGA design experience
Preferred Skills and Education: Xilinx Virtex family of FPGAs, Xilinx’s development tools: ModelSim, Vivado, and Vivado SDK, Programming with Verilog, System Verilog, Xilinx embedded processors Zynq, Microblaze, and Zynq+, Design/development with PetaLinux embedded OS. Device driver design/development for Windows, Device driver design/development for Linux. Windows OS’s, Linux OS’s,
Knowledge of: Ethernet protocols: Also needed are good laboratory test and debug skills: The ability to use oscilloscopes, analyzers, and Chipscope for debugging both boards and FPGA designs is a plus.
2) This is a direct-client opening for a System Engineer located in Ellicott City, MD and requires a TS/SCI with Polygraph. This is a direct hire position and the salary is the $150K-$190K range DOE.
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems
- Develops threads and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs
- Review system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate
- Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it during the lifecycle from development through deployment
- Document SW Controller code, methodology and procedures
- Identify and document workaround solutions for errors
- Develop and apply workaround solutions per documented methods and procedures
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Develop and maintain Microcontroller code
- Design/Debug of RF circuits, Embedded processors, Ethernet, 12C, SMBus, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Ten (+) years of experience as a System Engineer (documenting, design, testing)
- Experience with C programming, microcontroller architecture, system integration and testing experience
- RF Engineering experience, knowledge of VHF communication devices
- Linux development experience, Software Defined Radios
- Experience implementing SW Cryptology
- PCB Design Layout and troubleshooting skills
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.