Internal Auditor Manager
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
We are hiring a candidate that possesses a mix of financial, technological, and interpersonal acumen to be able to successfully lead internal audit engagements. The candidate must have a firm grasp of internal audit, accounting, and technology controls. The candidate will also have knowledge of internal audit practices including controls design / operating effectiveness, risk assessment, testing strategies, process flow mapping, evaluation of control deficiencies and remediation plans. They must have the ability to effectively manage relationships with internal and external partners, demonstrate proficient project management skills, superior communication, and organizational skills.
- Manage internal audit engagements from planning, audit step execution, work paper documentation, to final report delivery
- Manage relationships with colleagues and external partners to ensure all points of view are consider and sound findings are derived
- Evaluate internal controls and offer recommendations to improve performance
- Assist in developing the annual internal audit plan including financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping analysis to identify audit approach
- Plan, implement, and execute the audit engagements including; develop individual audit plans, allocate resources to achieve audit steps, utilize and develop team strengths in the execution of audit steps, document audit findings according to work paper standards, and present final report for management and Audit Committee consideration
- Be proactive to ensure that effective internal controls are developed as new processes and systems are developed, or existing ones changed
- If exceptions are noted, provide clear, concise, and viable recommendations
- Monitor and follow up on recommendations to ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner and that root causes are remediated
- Assist in managing the co-sourcing partner’s engagement economics
- Support Internal Audit and Accounting & Finance on other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance (MBA/CPA/CIA/CISA/CFE certification a plus)
- 4+ years of experience in accounting and/or internal audit with financial audit experience
- Must possess strong auditing skills with experience in auditing public companies and compliance with various acts and accounting standards.
- Strong base of technological controls and data flows.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and other applicable standards
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Effective cross-functional management skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Potential travel of 10% or more
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Visio Flowcharting, PowerPoint etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.