Senior Accounting Representative - A/P
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
- Supports accounting operations by performing both routine and non-routine clerical accounting activities in accordance with standard procedures.
- Maintains the general ledger and/or prepares various accounting reports.
- Helps resolve accounting issues by identifying and analyzing variances and discrepancies
Essential Job Results
- Supports accounting operations by performing both routine and non-routine clerical accounting activities in one of the following areas: accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management or general ledger accounting.
- Performs accounting activities by following established procedures for maintaining the general ledger and/or preparing various accounting reports.
- May prepare journal entries, reconcile and maintain general ledger account schedules and/or process payments.
- May compile segments of period closings.
- May process, monitor and maintain receivables or payables for assigned accounts.
- Supports data integrity by checking accounting records for completeness and accuracy.
- Helps resolve accounting issues by identifying variances and discrepancies.
- Traces transactions to determine source of error and makes adjustments.
- Analyzes and verifies internal consistency of accounting documents.
- Ensures efficient, accurate and timely payment or billing processing by meeting department guidelines and schedules and payment vendor terms. Prepares spreadsheets for billing, debits, and credits and/or corrections to member or vendor accounts.
- Provides customer service by researching, verifying and conveying information to internal and external customers.
- Resolves questions or problems by referencing established procedures.
- Provides accurate accounting information by gathering, reconciling and assembling data for weekly, monthly and annual reports as required.
- May assist collection effort by preparing initial collection letters, processing proper charge backs to member properties and coordinating with legal and membership as needed.
- May support special projects as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years related clerical accounting experience.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. May requires intermediate proficiency in a specific application.
- General computing aptitude including working knowledge of financial software applications.
- Alpha/numeric keyboarding skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Provides guidance on policies, procedures and accepted practices to less experienced clerks.
- Works under general supervision and exercises some independent discretion/judgment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.