Benefits & Leave Administrator
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
We are hiring a Benefits & Leave Administrator to help support human resource operations by administering company benefits and leave programs.
Responsibilities include but aren't limited to the following:
- Provides excellent customer service, both to employees and human resources team members.
- Assists employees in understanding the organizations benefits offerings and acts as a liaison between the organization and third-party benefits providers.
- Conducts orientation or enrollment meetings, advises on eligibility, costs, and coverage, and provides information for use in memos, presentations, or other benefits communications.
- Provides guidance during claims or enrollment processes.
- Maintains records related to benefits plan participation or contributions.
- Ensure benefits and leaves are administered appropriately by assisting employees in understanding the organizations benefits and leave offerings and acting as a liaison between the organization and third-party benefits providers.
- Makes, presents, and defends recommendation for continual improvement in the overall benefits and leave administrative process.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absence/disabilities.
- Provides guidance during claims or enrollment processes. Maintains records related to benefits plan participation or contributions.
- Process employees status changes and benefits enrollments and ensures accuracy of all benefits within the HRIS system and with vendors. Assists with plan changes and basic configuration of the HRIS for benefits and leave administration.
- Ensures benefits enrollment changes are timely and compliant by processing benefit enrollments in accordance with plan rules.
- Provides support to department by processing benefit vendor invoices and submitting for timely and accurate payment.
- Recommends, coordinates and schedules meetings, training sessions, and employee events.
- Performs quality checks of all benefits and leave related data.
- Compiles standard reports for allocating/billing charges and leave administration.
- Minimum 2+ years of related human resources experience including benefits administration
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other skills required:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS database (prior Workday experience preferred)
- Possesses solid working knowledge benefits and leave administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Detail oriented with great organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and trust
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.