AutoClerk Support Agent
- Walnut Creek, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We build mission-critical and user-friendly software for hospitality communities. Our customers are supported 24/7 by our courteous and dedicated staff, all with hands-on professional experience in the hospitality industry.
Our property management solutions have been serving hoteliers for decades. In 2003, we became one of the first in the industry to launch a successful web-booking tool for hoteliers, and myHMS pioneered web-based property management solutions.
This position is responsible for providing exceptional service to our clients with friendly efficient and helpful customer support related to the use of AutoClerk’s Property Management Systems, AutoClerk (Premise Based) and AutoClerk Cloud (Cloud Based) and peripheral software. The agent will provides technical support by applying broad understanding of the PMS systems products and services. Maintains information technology service, functionality and user satisfaction by answering questions, trouble shooting and resolving complex problems in a timely manner.
Job Schedule: This position will require hours of 3PM-11PM or 11PM-7AM including weekends.
Essential Job Results
- Use various technological resources to assist hotel staff when they have difficulties with their AutoClerk system, and do so in a manner that minimizes operational impact to the property.
- Resolves complex issues regarding operations, including installations, setups, error messages, on-line transactions, system status or downtime procedures. Coordinates with specialists and/or users to determine requirements.
- Ensures user satisfaction by diagnosing and quickly resolving issues. Takes the necessary steps to recognize, research, isolate and resolve complex technical problems. Escalates problems, requiring additional repairs, training or follow-up to appropriate technical, professional or service personnel.
- Maintains service and proper systems functionality by interacting with network services, software systems engineering, applications development or other information systems contacts to identify and resolve problems.
- Dispatches calls as necessary for system, product or hardware maintenance. Coordinates system outage response by escalating problem resolution and notifying management and users as appropriate.
- Provides accurate documentation of issues and activity by maintaining a trouble shooting tracking log.
- Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
- Additional roles and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Must have 4+ years of experience in a related industry or capacity
- Experience in the hotel industry with emphasis in all shifts of front desk operations a major plus.
- Providing great customer service is a necessity as you will be dealing directly with the hotel staff and its management.
- Strong problem solving skills
- May require systems configuration or installation experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. May require advanced proficiency in a particular application or applications.
- Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to speak in front of a group and to recognize one’s own limitations and ask for assistance.
- High School diploma required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.