Sr. IT Engineer - Cloud Platform Engineering Team
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
The Sr. IT Engineer designs, builds, implements, monitors, and manages the enterprise cloud infrastructure and shared services that applications run on in the Cloud. Additionally, they build solutions to automate as much of IT operations as possible.
Design, develop, test and deploy custom workflows and scripts within the AWS Cloud infrastructure that can be used for integration, deployment, monitoring, compliance, or other ongoing routine IT tasks.
Essential Job Results
· Translate service requirements into service models (templates) and/or workflows for automatic provisioning.
· Accountable for the cloud service offering model design documentation.
· Accountable for verifying that cloud service model meet appropriate compliance/governance requirements.
· Ensures that the automation technical environment is properly maintained and appropriately designed.
· Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
· Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes to ensure that all that can be automated is automated.
· Define patterns that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing.
· Develops orchestration workflows, templates, or scripts that deploy services and related components.
· Develops self-service catalog capability.
Operations and Security
· Develops monitoring tools and dashboards to gather and display metrics to ensure optimal performance.
· Develops event or incident remediation workflows and actions to resolve issues.
· Develops automated configuration and compliance controls
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 5 years IT experience
· Minimum 2 years of coding experience with an understanding of Infrastructure as code
· Proficient in coding in any of the following: Terraform, Python, Ruby, JSON, Chef, Ansible
· Experience with AWS Cloud technologies
· Eagerness to learn and willingness to research/self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly dynamic environment.
· A keen interest in new technologies to innovative and think outside the box for creative problem solving.
· Mentors colleagues and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement.
· Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with outstanding attention to detail.
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
· Solid understanding of design patterns that are optimized for operating in the cloud.
· Ability to define and establish best practices for cloud operations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.