Area Sales Manager
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Enhances member value by providing locally driven outside sales support to pre-activation new build and conversion hotels. Acts as the Best Western Worldwide Sales LNR contact for new membership hotels to provide strategies, assist Member properties and drive revenue locally. Our ideal candidates combines excellent communication skills and a strategic mindset. The position is focused around a pre-activation timeframe and includes visits to the assigned property and competition, facilitation of in-market local outside sales calls and creating a value proposition by including Brand related programs and overall market positioning. During the on property visit, collaborate with the hotel on creating a sales culture to evolve the "everyone sells" philosophy.
Essential Job Results
- Direct local corporate business to Best Western Hotels and new Brands in accordance with pre-assigned goals.
- Enhance member value by directing and executing a localized sales effort to meet and increase member revenue goals and area visibility.
- In partnership with WW Sales, utilize sales and marketing tools and Brand resources to grow the customer base and achieve assigned revenue goals.
- Increase awareness in all Company programs (as applicable to the specific property) by promoting revenue enhancing plans, services and policies.
- Provides management with feedback regarding the members' use of these programs and services.
- Support member sales and marketing opportunities and strategies as previously completed during competitive market analyses for assigned properties.
- Optimizes member experience by mentoring and coaching hotel staff on day-to-day sales strategies.
- Assists with action planning. Supports continued improvement by developing new sales management techniques.
- Uses evaluative techniques to enhance and create training materials.
- Must have strong organizational and problem solving skills. Training background a plus.
- Proven work experience as a Regional Hotel Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager or similar Senior role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience including hotel sales department management experience (Director of Sales, Regional Director of Sales).
- Bachelors’ Degree in Hospitality Management, Business, Sales, Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Salesforce and Smartsheets experience preferred.
- Virtual management meeting experience.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office products. , esp Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-starter, motivated, organized and disciplined.
- Proven experience in building business relationships.
- Strong presentation, communication, and written skills.
- 50% travel required.
- Conversational French strongly preferred
- Works from home office when not travelling.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.